The beginning of the end of iZotope

I think there are advantages and disadvantages in terms of iLok. On one hand it’s nice to have all your licenses at one place, but on the other hand it’s pretty awkward if there are only 3 license activations max and if something really bad happens they might be gone. You can try to restore it, but it would require some effort and during that time you cannot use the products you’ve paid for.

That’s quite nice, but what’s the point of giving a 100 $ coupon for Kilohearts products if you already can use every single product because of your subscription (that costs 120 $ each year btw)?

As you buy their stuff, the cost for their everything bundle of perpetual licences comes down - its already dicounted as well, so eventually you would own all their products and the subscription becomes moot.

2 Likes

Right, I never looked at it this way. Not too bad IF you’re really interested in all their products or if you want to use them immediately. But in the end this way they want to make you buy everything, no more and no less. :wink:

Ben Jordan has a somewhat interesting look at the recent buy-outs in music production land. What I take away from it is that he sees more merges coming, and a lot of companies eventually ending up in the hands venture capitalist.

3 Likes

I watched that yesterday, great video. Late stage capitalism doing its thing. Theres a lot of overlap in the gaming space right now too, bean counters and anything artistic/entertainment related is never a happy mix.

2 Likes
1 Like