The Dead Dog'S Renoise Comp Round 6

i think these kinds of ideas for certain time-spans (extending the tracking time, adding a prize-round) are great and might enhance the competition in one way or another. i do think that IF any of these are done, it might be necessary to up the ‘difficulty’ for those rounds. in other words: you can expect more out of a week of tracking than out of 2/3 days.
thinking about this, maybe this would be solved by voters just taking tracking-time into account…

Had meant to put up a Poll today to vote between current and changing to a week of tracking when at work but sorry didn’t due to being busy and now getting ready to leave to go home for Christmas.

Also meant to put up the two entries I have received for this round.

Will do both, plus any extra entries that happen to (unlikely) come in before I get back here. Weather permitting should be the 27th.

Merry festivities to all!

well, of course, you’re right. and, as i was saying, of course i ain’t gonna do it. it was just a kind of general whining that didn’t really belong on this thread or prob even this forum. so, i should have went and cried on pouët, some schism tracker forum, or some aol message board or… anyway, many apologies.

Nothing wrong with the rules of this comp, to bad I had to work today, don’t think I’ll be able to finish it now.
Good luck other contestants!

Votepack uploaded and tested. Only two entries even with leaving it open over Christmas but never mind. Download it here http://www.deaddogdisko.co.uk/DDRC/Files/R6/Renamed.zip

Winner is Uav! Congratulations mate.

I hope you all checked out his xrns. Took me a while to figure out how he had Sine, Saw and Square all with exactly the sample sample. Very SHORT sample, massively pitched to bring to usual playback speeds, then using different Interpolation methods to get the different shapes. Very clever! Also helps limit filesize as talking 6 sample points in a sample, rather than the 400 in the guidelines I posted. Kudos man!

Runner up was Beat Fuhrer. Thanks for taking part dude :D

Congratulations Uav (check your pm), shame there is not much votes, the first track was kind off funny also. :)

Obviously, as usual, that means please PM me before next round starts with your desired rules. Otherwise I think you all know the basic, open rules by now… ;)

Yeah thanks again,
Regarding the 4 samples Sample, I found that trick when I tried to make songs that fit in 8kB, while the square and triangle waves looks great, the sine is not perfect and has some harmonics, but that do the job really well. I first tried with 2 samples Sample, but they where ‘poping’ each note pressed, I wanted to keep fast attacks without the ‘pop’ that’s why the first half of the samples looks like baby squarewaves.

Now if your planning to do micro music competition using renoise, (just like in the EVOKE party) you got the thing to make it fit in 16kB :)

I really dig Beat Furher’s track by the way.