The Dj

So do I. At my last gig I did a dj set and played with three decks using only full lenght tracks (10 minutes and up) for 2 hours. It was a nice immersive set for me and for the few people who were there.

a producer likes music
a dj likes girls
a dj producer is a horny artist

Lol - thats true. I did it the other way round. It was impossible for me to go to a club armed with a laptop and pressing “play”. So I decided to learn to DJ. I am not good but I love what I do. Somehow. :)

Honestly, being in it for the love of music and not because you want to score chicks/be cool/get money is the most important part. Your set might still suck technically or your taste in music might still not hit mine, but atleast your motives are honest and I salute that. Also stop doing doing it if it becomes a chore.

A colleague of mine recently started a show on a local radio and asked me how I did like it after the first show, I replied honestly that I didn’t really like the music he played, but that I can give him a lot of respect for really doing this just because he wants to play the music he likes to a bigger audience. And I am sure he had listeners that did enjoy it.

guys who are in it for the chicks AND music have a certain wordly-energy that people purely in it for the music lack
I enjoy getting drunk and dancing to shitty music and a certain showmanship from the DJ is really nice :)
Also, lots of my friends are DJs and their really shit at picking up chicks :)