The Renoise Users In Norway Standup Thread

It’s not about beeing poor or not. Tracking is just a different way of aproach in making music.

agree.
I’d say Renoise is for those who need a high-quality, super stable music making sytem, and need 100% control over and closeness to what is happening in it.

being cheap is our own reward for being open to other programs than what’s being used in so-called “pro” studios - and of course the Dev’s love for tracking and the scene, and not just the money.

Ås (Oslo)

Dubstep is the name of the game!

A norwegian, registered Renoise user walks into a bar.

… Then, the very moment he wraps his drooling lips around that fresh, cold, golden beverage, the entrance door smashes open, and an unregistered swedish renoise user walks towards the stool next to him, tanned and cocky.

What happens next, in this dusty old bar near the danish border? :ph34r:

Bodø baby!

Just recently came back after a couple years break from music, looking forward to getting started again!

You shouldn’t be afraid to introduce them to a tracker. It is by far, the most fastest way to make music using a computer. And renoise is a workhorse at that.

If a starting producer is too baffled to work with a tracker he shouldn’t be making music with a computer in the first place. This hobby takes a lot of patience no matter what software you end up using.

Just stumbled upon here, but I have to say.

I’m still a complete newbie, but I tried other kinds of software for years but I never could figure out them all that well. Even though the capacity of Renoise is HUGE, millions of things to learn and still millions I probably won’t learn ever, but still (to me) it is THE easiest way to make music I’ve ever encountered and I hope I had found it before I wasted years trying to use other software. It just seems the most logical solution really.

Sarpsborg her! (Bor i Oslo)

Well, I’d have to admit it’s not necessarily the first program I mention…

Not mainly because I feel the program would be too difficult for a beginner, but because when you walk into a professional studio, most likely (in my experience, at least) you will come across a Pro Tools rig or similar. And I imagine it will be much easier to grasp what’s going on if you’re comfortable working in that type of platform (Cubase, Garageband, etc.).

That said, Renoise is fantastic - it is affordable, no-nonsense, has a great workflow when it comes to programming, and give some unique results.

So I guess the conclusion would be: Cubase/Logic/Pro Tools AND Renoise. On a bad-ass computer. Hooked up to lots of quality plug-ins and hardware. Yes please…

oslo, (Ås!)

Landbrukshøyskolen?

Bergen +1

Oslo.
I’m not too active on the forum though

kraschar partyt, muah! \ :D/

Hva syns folket om valgresultatet?

må vel si seg generelt fornøyd; selv om FRP kryper til nye skremmende høyder