The Turtle - Green Cock

i picked out a bunch of the slightly more interesting bits which were floating around my hard drive to make a mini album:

http://rapidshare.com/files/368595276/the_turtle_green_cock.zip.html

there are some bits of chiptune, breakbeats and stuff.

First of all, great concept! More people should do this!

This mini album is an interesting collection to have, a great showcase of various musical flavours! It might be hard to grasp at times, as the contrast is pretty big, but in my world, that is a good thing. Tunes that really stood out for me where Stupid Fucking Rave Song (+1 internet for title), Dagon Blues (that atmosphere with classic jungle is awesome), Hobo’s Discovery (for its crazyness, like a demented pop song) and Dagon Fever (despite the noise/soundscaping parts, I’m not fond of those, but that’s me… but with the guitars, it sounded so lush and alive). I don’t really like the sound of most of the tracks sonically, some stood out (especialy Dagon Blues, that deep deep coldness is terrific), but I don’t think that’s really the point (could be wrong). It’s a showcase of ideas that also reflect the artists’ various skills and flavours!

cheers for the feedback… and yes as you guess, these are mostly unfinished bits and experiments, the mixing is non-existant so they are just sketches and humorous bits really; more of a bargain basement bin of tunes. i thought’d it’d be worth doing something with them. i started trying to make a megamix out of it, but it wasn’t really working so i just bunged them together in the end. its quite lazy though really… next time i’ll post something more proper :rolleyes: