The Worst Name To Be Named?

Seems easy enough if you know how to correctly pronounce guillotine.

There are too many to mention, but of somewhat regular english first names, I think Rod and Chad are in a league of their own.
Then again, being named after AE track titles would probably be even worse, so I don’t really know. What’s in a name anyway. :)

hey hcys! speaking of names, i have been wondering how the hell to pronounce yours. i guess i think of it something like “hick-sis”, but it could be like “cheese” also, or if the S was silent, just “chee” or “she”, or if you wanted to accent the h, “huschee”
but then again, it could be like a drum sound like “kss” like for a hihat :)

Didn’t really cross my mind how hard it is to pronounce for my fellow board members. :D Hick-sis sounds too much like skeksis, but anything else is cool! When I hear it in my head (often accompanied by mad cheer), I hear h-sys, like in H systems.

The top candidate in sweden is certainly

Orvar

followed by

Rutger

Which is also bad, but if you are cool or have a cool last like Rutger Howard you might be able to pass…

Girls names:

Svetlana

Not swedish one but certainly does not sound beautiful.

Though think Petra can be a beautiful name.

“Mergatroid”

Rofl

But one of my ex girlfriends last name was Vähäverkkomäki which is a finish name.

When I met her she lived together with a girl whos last name was Hondrogianis. So on the door it said: Vähäverkkomäki/Hondrogianis.

I have been thinking about changing name to Mbagwe just to see peoples reactions when a really white guy has that name. Though I know it would make it much more difficult to get work here in sweden.

IF you ever want to pronounce my last-name near quality perfection:just say “voice” that’s good enough.

common mistyping of my surname (Napodano) by other people:

• Napodamo
  • Napotano (this is mostly due to the fact that southern Italy accent tends to get “d” and “t” prononuced similarly, as well as “c” and “g”)
  • Capodanno (which means “New year’s day” in italian)
  • Napolano (another, slightly more common, variation of my surname, which comes from Napoletano (inhabitant of Naples))
  • Napoletano (see above)

my full name is alexander joscht, and to some surprise for me some foreigners told me that is a cool name. dont see how, even years after. do you think it sounds/looks cool ?

I met a guy from Norway who’s name was “Arsle” (not sure of spelling though). Anyway, in Swedish it means ass. First thing he says to me after introducing himself was “yeah I know it means ass in Swedish, you don’t have to comment that” :)

Maybe you can get off with it like:“I need something nice for my next concert that will be broadcasted on T.V., so if you put some add on the guitar, i’ll give you some free advertisement in exchange for the gear” :D

Well, we can now proudly mention “Lou Reed” uses Renoise :P The only thing lacking is a a few lines of experience.

That would be “Asle”, actually. But I’ve never thought of that one sounding like the swedish “ass”, most likely since where I come from in Norway we don’t pronounce it like “aschle” but properly!

My name is Kristian Sagosen, hence my nickname. And nobody can ever ever seem to get that last name right. But I still think it rules. :D

Every time you post I think of smelly saws. :)

Aha, it was Asle… Actually this was close to Oslo, so the guy was probably from somewhere else. I’ve noticed the pronounciation can be different, like Oslo - Oschlo, but never dug deeper into the mysteries of Norwegian dialects. I have problems enough understanding some of your weird words :)

My full name is Marcel Schindler and I am very proud of it. Every Steven Spielberg-Fan knows why.

First, I thought Marcel sounds kinda gay but now I really like that name. What I don’t like is, if anybody calls me Marcy (like Marcy Darcy in “Married…with children”

dang, i thought it was like “voo-is”

I go crazy when someone calls me “Axel”.

You’re not alone, another Alex here.
Let’s scalp these … ! :D