Thought I'd share my old band with you guys.

It’s been a while since I left the metal scene and started producing music on my own. However, I look back at what I had and wonder “What if?”.

Check this album out, it’s one of the best things I’ve ever been apart of.

https://zorakarer.bandcamp.com/album/clarion-call-of-destiny

No renoise involved here… sorry guyz. We used Sonar at the time.

I played piano and did a lot of the vocals/lyrics. Yet, after the band split and moved to Portland the guitarist decided to use his voice instead. You can still hear a lot of me in the mix on older tracks.

This is rad so far! I’m a sucker for the symphonic stuff.

You did great with the piano playing on this

Listening now. Your keyboard playing is interesting and varied too, totally agree that you did well, it definitely makes the music more dynamic and engaging… Also like the symphonic stuff too, though nowadays I tend to lean more towards the atmospheric when listening to bm. Enjoying this. Cover art reminds me of Necrolord.

I have personally been working on some Black Metal over the years, taking a while to compile all the parts myself, especially with lots of other endeavours on the go. No rush though.

Any plans to return to black metal? writing your own stuff?

Thanks for the words.

Listening now. Your keyboard playing is interesting and varied too, totally agree that you did well, it definitely makes the music more dynamic and engaging… Also like the symphonic stuff too, though nowadays I tend to lean more towards the atmospheric when listening to bm. Enjoying this. Cover art reminds me of Necrolord.

I have personally been working on some Black Metal over the years, taking a while to compile all the parts myself, especially with lots of other endeavours on the go. No rush though.

Any plans to return to black metal? writing your own stuff?

Naa, I could never write at level. He and I write totally differently. Bands take a lot of team work. It’s wild how different writing for yourself is. I think one day my roots in metal with be apparent in my music though. Screams, tremolo guitar, and symphonic strings. Right now I’m all over, but metal will always be part of my music and person. I still really respect the genre. It’s impossible to explain, but I bought into something without ever getting sold.

I know what you mean. I have been in a few bands but never black metal. I never really got that involved. I occasionally see shows, but go by myself. For me it is quite personal. I don’t think I could share that. Not sure. Though I do find writing it to be really cathartic and helps me from being overly depressive and misanthropic :wink:
I can sort of see the influence in your music, even down to the aesthetic of the name xylux.
It’s good push forward too. I like the intensity and chaos of your music now too.

here’s an old band i was in - just me and a bassist

https://soundcloud.com/eofp/glitchatron