Thumbs Up For The Developers...

Hi,

Just wanted to express my feelings on the latest 1.8 “Final” release. I must admit being really positively surprised by the overall development that has happened for Renoise.

For instance… The UNDO feature… HOW COOL IS THIS!!! I’ve been using Cubase SX 3 for quite long, and undo feature like in renoise would really be the best way to do things.

The overall stability is an astounding achievement for a tracker run on the windows xp platform. Never would have believed this to be possible :) (MIDI timing for instance is rock solid… Great work dudes!!)

So… Many thanx for the whole developing team behind this. Going to test some more this week and it looks like it’s about time to purchase the whole 1.8 version.

All the best,

You know, purchasing Renoise was the best software investment I’ve ever made.

You know what?
IF ALL SOFTWARE OUT THERE WAS MADE WITH SUCH DEDICATION, STABILITY, EFFICIENCY AND SMOOTHNESS - WE WOULD NOW LIVE IN PYRAMID-CITIES WITH ATLANTEAN TECHNOLOGY REBUILT FROM SCRATCH.
And I mean it.

Agreed.

This is the way software should be made…

Oh wait, sorry… Companies like Microsoft would not exist because they would not be able to make so much money…

;)

…make so much money for nothing, just a bunch of limitations!

Hail Renoise! :yeah:

I buy very few programs, steering towards freeware at every turn, but I shelled out my money for ReNoise because for once, a program is actually WORTH money. I feel like I still stole it though because of how cheap the price is compared to other programs with similar features ($300 USD for Reason and no VST support? $350 for Orion with inferior sound quality?)

Also, the behind the scenes support is excellent.

This is a prime example of how software should be done if it is to be priced. :)

:yeah:

If you can keep a secret by urself, Renoise is the ONLY prog i bought in my whole life, but dont tell anyone. :huh:

haha! well spoken!! :)

Indeed. Renoise is a work of art, kept alive and evolving by the passionate dedication of mostly Taktik. Hail to him.

Yep, but Cubase handles midi better.

Ah, but can you enter midi notes in Cubase with your typing keyboard? I think not! Least, not into a spreadsheetlike editor of doom :o

No, unless I use some program that does that. :)
Wacom Graphite would be awesome for score editor me thinks. But yeah, for keyb and mouse alone tracker interface is pretty much the most intuitive.

Kaneel, do you mean that Nuendo handles midi better than Cubase, or better than Renoise?

Ah, I see. Never even looked at Nuendo. :) I guess there’s no need, then.

In terms of music? Or is there just more of this multimediablabla?

Ok. :D
I was just getting to know Cubase, that’s why I asked. But whatever. So, let’s get back on topic, shall we. Or you, I’ll just leave this thread.