Too Stoned All The Time?

no need to panic, give me the goods then!
I feel so super skunkie!

No, no. If you’re too stoned all the time, give your chronic to me. Not him. B)

Making music while being stoned is nice.
However, I plan to make an EP while being heavily drunk. That would be nice for a change. :D

I guess this phenomena is quite a leading area through the whole world wide community:

lol, yeah. back in the days when “speed” had a longer name. hehe.

Been there, done that. :)

Fylla Har Skulda Productions (norwegian for Blame The Booze Productions) with some friends of mine, in FT2… Crazy vocals, nutty crappy production… Hilarious!!! :D

well, if there is one thing that I learned during my times at the art-school :

“somebody did this before” does not count as a a reason for not doing it :D

also, I guess I react to beer differently than you, it takes me two bottles to be very drunk. (if I empty them in less than 15 minutes).

also I would make songs with different kinds of booze, only problem is that wine makes me puke (really, everytime I drink wine I puke after half an hour) and I havent drunk real hard stuff for quite some time now.

In the long run, drugs just destroys the brain and real creativity…It makes you less self critical and therefor you will probably end up making alot of shit, but you wont understand that it is shit because you will be wasted…

@splajn: :yeah:

one of my motto’s is
“no drugs, no alcohol: just fantasy”.

what I think is that drugs create at least psychological dependency: I see a lot of people who just can’t have fun if they don’t get drunk or stoned.

When I’m with these guys, there’s no difference between me and the, except for:

• I won’t have stomachache and headache
  • I won’t puke
  • I won’t cry if I feel bad about something
  • I will remember what I’ve done the day after

strictly talking about music, I think that drugs let you elaborate complex feelings even from simple, repetitive music, which would let you ya-a-a-awn in some minutes if not stoned. Also, on the opposite, most of times complex music will just lead you into confusion.

This is true both for hearing and composing music.

well, avoiding any moral discussion, I just don’t think there is anything really cool with this <_<

well, the one purpose of using drugs while making music for me, is that I might come up with different ideas. I just think its easier to leave the known paths that way.

however, I dont always do drugs when I do music, its about 5% of the time. I know people however, who always smoke a blunt whenever they start they musicprogram, but thats definately not for me.

hey, you basically have to know how to use it and stay away from excessive abuse or anything near it.

I now have something to blame, for every bad song I have ever wriiten. B)

“strictly talking about music, I think that drugs let you elaborate complex feelings even from simple, repetitive music, which would let you ya-a-a-awn in some minutes if not stoned. Also, on the opposite, most of times complex music will just lead you into confusion.”

Well, I won´t say so…it depends just on yourself - I always loved repetitive electronic music (well is goa simple?) as well as complex ones (except freejazz, which of cours leads me in total confusion) and I still love it, even without drugs.

Wellwell, I listen to a lot of repetive music, like Jeff Mills, Surgeon, Schleudertrauma etc, and I l-o-o-o-o-oooove it to death! :) And I don’t do drugs, hehe…

Tho I agree with you a little, it-alien, knowing drugs and abusing drugs are two different things, but I stay away anywayz cos of the ease of addiction. I don’t want something expensive, illegal and socially unacceptable to be in the center of my recreation.

Ah well, ahoy with the big words again… Dunno why I always resort to those! :rolleyes: