Tools For Music Making

Yes, let’s agree on that! :P

I started with a tracker.

I fail to see someone else couldn’t start with one?

I learned in a basement, when the internet was a series of BBS connected via Fidonet and one person logged on at a time. When I got to university in the late nineties (high five me for my fine arts degree in electroacoustics) everything they were teaching I already learned because I used a tracker. Everyone else were amazed at computers in general/

If you are personally tutoring her, and she has access to much more info than I ever did, and youtube, I don’t see a problem learning Renoise, at all. Times have changed for the better.

It’s a matter of being interested. If she wants to play a lute and sing in a choir, well then no, Renoise ain’t it. But if she is interested in computer music… Renoise, no problems there.

Ignore the wimps who didn’t start on a tracker.

Hey im 27 years old, feel pretty old skool too, and guess what?
The more you use “old” ways like pattern commands in stead of vsti and drumloops (easy drumming), the more creative you get, and the more unique everything sounds.
Its true, the KiSS protocol still works and the more people use Renoise as some looping program with some fancy effects are picturing it WRONG.

Sure, i used a drumloop here and there, but only if i couldn’t get the sound i wanted “manually”.
But try listening and immitating a drumloop, your own creatings could sound better :)

As for VSTi’s, they are high quality and flexible, but there are certain things you can only do with some good samples and hardcore patterncommands!!! :yeah:

Whoops, forgot the little girl in this story, she first really needs to split up the music in:
Drums, bass, melody, soundFX, etc. :)

Play the melody, write it, guide it with a little drum and pimp it further… :walkman:

Possible dumbest quote of the day?