Tools Not Compatible With Latest Version Of Renoise

That’s what we are already doing. If a tool proved to work out great, many people love and want it, we should at some point try to make it a native implementation. There are of course limits: We won’t and can’t make Duplex a real native impl for example, because it works better as a tool and lives from the fact that everyone can hack around in it. But Tools are in general not an excuse for us not do do feature XYZ, but a playground for experiments and very special & unique feature wishes.

Fact, when I buy a fancy meal at a restaurant I pay about 58 Euro for me and my date.

Fact, when I ate the meal it was good, it even led to intimacy later in the evening so I can’t complain. I guess the sex was sort of a free bonus from someone who cared.

Fact, I am now entitled to free meals and sex when I say so. Don’t try to technical jargon it. I know how to eat. The sex, completely unrelated to the food, is priority number one. Blah blah blah I don’t have time for your explanations! Simple facts bro. Do you know the definition of the word fact? Make my girlfriend have sex with me! She’s holding out!

What?! This isn’t a fact, is it?

Customer? Wait, I didn’t receive any paypal for my Nibbles script? Should I look in my junkmail folder?

Kyle, jokes aside, I understand your point of view. That said the “simple fact” is that there are thousands with a different opinion. The great thing about music software is that there are plenty to chose from. If Renoise isn’t your thing because you can’t be bothered to understand the community around tools; you’d rather wave around a stack of dollars, then that’s totally cool! That’s the great thing about choices! You can make them.

Good times.

I think this is the best course to stay on!

I will add that I think what you said here is still worth persuing though and could be a great time-saver. Renoise being able to at least try to use old scripts by auto upgrading just the API number in the manifest. I spent about three hours editing and re-uploading my 2.6 batch (about 10 scripts), just to change the API number from 1.0 to 2.0.

Couldn’t you just, like make a script that does that for you? B)

Then I`d have to update that… :P

But maybe it could be done somehow, Bantai has made a useful script for automating script creation already.

Are you that slow with typing or do you still upload with a 9600baud modem connection? :P

It must be related to the buggy keyboard rate +repeat delay + repeat bugginess and copypasting being all wonky from outside Renoise script editor.

There is a nice search and replace feature in PSPad that allows you to change every API version from 1.0 to 2.0 in a glimpse.
Simply select the target folder and let it process all the “manifest.xml” files it can find from there.

Hey! I`m a decent 2wpm on the old keyboard…

Good tip on PSPad, will have a look, thanks