• Smooth vertical scrolling by real required amount of pixels, not by pattern line. Position bar would be then a line, not a bar anymore.

Yep, current scrolling makes the notes and fx commands unreadable on my monitors.

The position bar should be still a bar, i dont see any problems. Its more visible than a line.

I made a small example in html:

https://jsfiddle.net/uofvynrs/

This smooth scrolling is only needed, when follow play position is enabled.

Haha, very beautiful. btw.does only word on Firefox recent…

I have a new one:

• Webkit engine for GUI

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :)Just a joke.

My wish,

Mutant Breaks #8 - Theme: This thread.

-signal flow in ‘instrument modulation’ user definable

-Some more advanced dsp effects , think cheby shev, formula controller that works on sample/level @audio rate /

• Filter FM

-Audio rate lfo etc…to much to mention

etc…

I start with:

• Open DSP plugin C++ API for third party developers. Access to all the GUI features in the API.

• Javascript / HTML5 integration, next to LUA. (Maybe webkit integration for gui extensions?) Very fast open source javascript interpreters are available. JS has the following benefits: 1. Gigantic amount of free libraries, including gui stuff 2. Common standard in lot of applications 3. Very simple and beautiful because of ECMA standard 4. HTML5 guis can be easily built with lots of tools 5. Gigantic size of community 6. Google and Mozilla already developed audio/dsp manipulation for JS

• Real freeze functionality, targeting especially external synth/audio generator devices. Like Freezing pre-fader/post-fader options, automatic RE-freeze on change (the note data could be still editable)

• Displaying note lengths as blocks instead with a note-off, easy resizable/movable by using mouse (a.k.a. moving a resizable block)

• Smooth vertical scrolling by real required amount of pixels, not by pattern line. Position bar would be then a line, not a bar anymore.

• EQs editable directly in the spectrum view, with 12/24/48hp/lp and other types of filters.

• Intelligent phrases just like good arpeggiators (or Karma engine on Korg synths), which adapt to multi-pressed keys/notes

• LUA protoplug VST integrated natively as “DSP formula device” or “formula device 2”. Of course optional javascript would be cool, too

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-request-web-server-library-for-renoise/43274
Something like HTML integration :slight_smile:

• Displaying note lengths as blocks instead with a note-off, easy resizable/movable by using mouse (a.k.a. moving a resizable block)

Displaying note lengths as blocks would be pretty awesome.

I also made a smooth scrolling demo many years ago :slight_smile: I really think it would be nice and make the notes more easily readable. Position bar should still be a bar that it snaps to when stopping the song.

I have a wish, pattern independent automation. (edit: this is possible by aliasing individual pattern slots. Nice)

I changed the css to use translate instead of margin, this way it use hardware acceleration and makes it even smoother :slight_smile:

https://jsfiddle.net/uofvynrs/9/

(edit: forget all below, this is apparently already possible. Great!)

Have been thinking about this for a while, what I really wish for the most is something I could use in every single song.

It is independent tracks/blocks that can be reused in a new pattern sequence matrix.

This obviously require a complete overhaul of a lot of components and how Renoise works, but a solution like this should be a jolt to creativity as you no longer have to change your edits in so many different patterns.

ps. maybe some kind of search and replace function can be worked out?

Imagine you make a selection where you want to change something and click a two state button called SEARCH REPLACE that initially copy current selection for the later search/replace, make your changes inside the selection and click the SEARCH REPLACE button again to replace the copy with the current content inside the selection.

I wouldn’t mind if the selection only search the specific lines that’s selected if that makes things easier, the main issue here is to change all the pattern copies one keep making throughout a song process.

not sure if this has been mentioned or asked before BUT i would like to see the option to import/append other songs into currently opened project. simply adding more channels and reassigning the samples of the imported/appended song after what is in the current opened track. For the purpose of remixing old tunes, inside of a new project and also creating mixes of multiple songs.

everything detachable.

Yep, current scrolling makes the notes and fx commands unreadable on my monitors.

The position bar should be still a bar, i dont see any problems. Its more visible than a line.

Actually, i think smooth scrolling should be everywhere, all the time. It’s way easier to track things that way with the human eyes.

everything detachable.

Yeah this has got to be an inevitable feature. I want the note lanes on a seperate screen primarily. Duel screen. Also, ability to change screen resolution in fullscreen mode preferences

Have been thinking about this for a while, what I really wish for the most is something I could use in every single song.
It is independent tracks/blocks that can be reused in a new pattern sequence matrix.
[…]
the main issue here is to change all the pattern copies one keep making throughout a song process.

It sounds an awful lot like matrix slotaliases?

I rarely use them, but they are awfully helpful when you do need them. A nice tool (which I think should be a native feature btw.) is joule’s AliasIdenticalTracks. It helps me to pinpoint places in a song that are identical if/when I need to do some global edit. Most often, I then turn them back into normal slots to avoid accidental edits…

Regarding this smooth scrolling example:

Contrary to what you might expect, I find that it demonstrates some of the shortcomings of smooth scrolling.

If you take the fiddle and make the tempo really slow, something like this, I’d much prefer the line-by-line updates as show the tempo (a visual metronome?).
On the other hand, you could speed things up to breakcore and you would get this. Again, I prefer the line-by-line updates - when things are going that fast, smooth scrolling just becomes visual noise.

To me, it seems that smooth scrolling is only beneficial in a medium sort of tempo (say, LPB4 - 8).

If you take the fiddle and make the tempo really slow, something like this, I’d much prefer the line-by-line updates as show the tempo (a visual metronome?).

Really?

On the other hand, you could speed things up to breakcore and you would get this. Again, I prefer the line-by-line updates - when things are going that fast, smooth scrolling just becomes visual noise.

In this case, both look pretty identical to me.

To me, it seems that smooth scrolling is only beneficial in a medium sort of tempo (say, LPB4 - 8).

Isn’t that arguably the most commonly used situation?

I rarely use them, but they are awfully helpful when you do need them.

WOW! Holy crap I didn’t know that. Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Only IF Renoise was a modular software I would bought it over 9000 times :confused:

I am really grrrr here, but who needs nowadays a static repeating functionality of a track? Static music is boring. Instead, where is the horizontal alias ? For making layered sounds in no time! I miss this.

I am really grrrr here, but who needs nowadays a static repeating functionality of a track? Static music is boring. Instead, where is the horizontal alias ? For making layered sounds in no time! I miss this.

Do you have a topic about this somewhere? I want to add “horizontal aliases” to the list of feature suggestions.

That said, “static repeating” is only true on the pattern level. Automation is not part of the alias and is perfect for creating movement over time (I would never use aliases if automation was included).

Do you have a topic about this somewhere? I want to add “horizontal aliases” to the list of feature suggestions.

That said, “static repeating” is only true on the pattern level. Automation is not part of the alias and is perfect for creating movement over time (I would never use aliases if automation was included).

Yes, I requested and nobody answered :stuck_out_tongue:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/matrix-pattern-alias-in-horizontal-way/44159

Don’t you think this would be extremely useful?