1.) Open renoise source code so the community can fix/implement all those stuff we whine about all day instead of making tunes…

ducks and covers

standalone redux working on a tablet would be great for instrument building, when you don’t necessarily want to arrange a song, just spend time on sounddesigning.

Hz Follower (Meta Device)- Detects Hz and is converted into a modulation source. Octave shift and smoothness can be applied as well

FM & RM -> Samples

Improve Native Auto Chop

Macro/Doofer Buttons- recall parameter values in vsts and vsti’s

Loop Point Modulation/Commands- Start point too

Transpose Keybaord Function- Not just Octaves…

Warp Markers? Real-time time-stretching?

Option to lock instruments to auto-assigned tracks

Real freeze functionality, targeting especially external synth/audio generator devices. Like Freezing pre-fader/post-fader options, automatic RE-freeze on change (the note data could be still editable)

I would love this to reduce CPU usage. When I’m happy with how a track (or track group) sounds, it would be nice if I could freeze it, effectively rendering it to a FLAC (or WAV) that was played instead. Ableton Live has this sort of functionality and it is awesome for amounting endless plugins onto a track to achieve the result you want without making the song unplayable.

per track groove

please

per track groove

This “simple” feature would make Renoise uniquely powerful when it comes to making a groove. Especially for funk :confused:

(Traditional DAWs are even more limited and basically rely on placing notes in a triplet grid for swing)

yes …+1

In the meantime you can use the phrase editor .

I Often use it just because it has independent groove

The note length idea is really nice!!!

AUTOMATE START AND END POINTS !!!

AUTOMATE SYSEX PARAMS

better recording facilities…look how smooth recording is in ableton. then do the same in renoise

While realtime recording , find an efficient / elegant way to make sure renoise does not replace already recorded notes in the same column .

After using Live for a while I wish renoise had some similiar functions

• Automation with a X/Y controller just like Ableton :dribble:This would make automation so much smoother!

• A similar pattern/play system with the pattern manager like ableton, like the ability to sync it with a rhythm

• A different live record function accompanying the existing one, you’ll have to figure something out. The one now is a bit messy.

• Experimental idea: Add a new tab under samples for phrases/automation, where you can choose phrases or set of automation, hit record and play and the phrase or autmation is recorded to the tracker, this would add a similar function to Ableton’s live recording or something. Phrases or anything that makes automation a bit smoother than it’s now.

• ability to choose VST instruments or VST effects by thumbnails

• save song directly to MP3, OGG, FLAC…

• confirmation between changing sample by another (or auto-append in the top right list (I often overwrite the current one with a new one))

• easiest way to skin Renoise (too much colors to change, and need a better texture support)

• piano troll, oops, i mean piano roll

• virtual keyboard everywhere

• more default curves for automation

• SF2 support

that’s all for me :badteeth: