Oh, and:

Korg Polysix VST (error while loading, work around: first load AU, then load VST, then often it does not open the GUI, but is loaded)

I posted what appears to be the same problem: https://forum.renoise.com/t/sierra-10-12-1-and-vsts-not-working-aus-working-though/47068

AUs work okay though, which you seem to have figured out also.

I posted what appears to be the same problem: https://forum.renoise.com/t/sierra-10-12-1-and-vsts-not-working-aus-working-though/47068

AUs work okay though, which you seem to have figured out also.

Totally forgot about that! Thanks.

Please join those topics!

Recent waves waveshell doesnt work anymore correctly / isnt detected correctly. You always have to start a plugin rescan so the outdated waveshell version will be replaced with the recent one. But after a DAW restart, it the same problem returns again.

EDIT: There is now one waveshell only, not two anymore. Test with manual scan, not scanning on daw load.

A fix for the waveshell problem is (using a sqllite editor):

UPDATE CachedPlugins SET LocalFilePath = replace( LocalFilePath, 'WaveShell-VST 9.3', 'WaveShell-VST 9.91' ) WHERE LocalFilePath LIKE '%waveshell%';
UPDATE CachedPlugins SET LocalFilePath = replace( LocalFilePath, 'WaveShell-VST 9.61', 'WaveShell-VST 9.91' ) WHERE LocalFilePath LIKE '%waveshell%';

Guys, can you maybe publish an intermediate bugfix release? How can we work with such bugs (after running the AU before):

Attachment 7396 not found.

Same plugin in BW2.1, same system, same interface (VST2):

Attachment 7397 not found.

The above problem actually are two problems: The “disappearing gui” is related to that plist entry “CGDisableCoalescedUpdates = true”. But that entry is essential to me to make the gui not causing stutters (because of that known GUI concept weakness). So it is a little dilemma now.

But the second problem is that those plugins do not load at first try anymore. Either you have to load the au version first, or sometimes the vst version.

PLEASE FIX!

Time moves on, OSes will change a bit over time, and so a complex software like Renoise needs to adapt a bit over time. And you know this. If you need help for bugtesting, please contact me.

Can you do a little OS update intermediate fix release at least?

Ah! I have the same issues with the Korg Legacy Collection. Although, I can open them separately by clicking the icons in Finder. Then they start just fine, it’s only in Renoise they won’t start.

Ok, just tried and by loading the AU first then the VST works.

Using: OSX Sierra 10.12.5 & Renoise 3.1.0

Yes, it also loads just normal in the other DAWs. It obviously is a Renoise’s problem.

Found now a less annoying workaround:

• I put all plugins (AU versions) which require twice loading into the Renoise Template Song, so there will appear an error on start, but it will ensure all projects will load more or less normally

• I usually now kill hanging Renoise Plugin Hosts and quit Renoise using the terminal command

killall -m Renoise

Hey, how is this bug going? Any fix coming?