Track Grouping

what you think about grouping patterns?

??

I think you mean an arranger and “combine patterns” right?

just grouping not combine

:huh: ?

idea from adobe AE (pre compose)

i dont like long sequences. i feel easier to work with fragments size 32 steps and it would be great if it culd be possible to group them in one fragmant without combine.

Ah oke…

start a topic! maybe there are more people that need this :D

Very good idea.

Really nice design, danoise! You made it loud and clear :)

Add track-to-track routing, like Fruityloops has, and you got track grouping basicly.
Rename a track “group x”, and change in the mixer the routing of the tracks you want to group: master out becomes “group x out”.
Give them a nice unique color and maybe drag them next to eachother if needed/wanted.

Atm. there is only track-to-master or track-to-send,right?

If you have 8 tracks available, then you can route track 1: from track 2 till track 8.

(If done thru the send device, the amount level can be set for each track sent to a group track. The reciever would not be send, but group then)

This would also not change the current renoise workflow much.

Sorry, but what is the benefit from this? To me, it only serves to blur an otherwise fine distinction between send tracks and normal tracks. After all, you can’t add notes in send tracks either, since they are send tracks and serve a different purpose…right?

I think you misunderstood me on this.
Am not proposing to change the send tracks, they are fine.

I was proposing being able to set the route of the send device to the group channel:

Or maybe set from track 1 to track 2 (or any other of the available track channels):

But for the mixer i was thinking this setup:

check this pic:

Track 1: see the bottom routing, normally that’s just master, add the other tracks as routing option ( in my example “group 1”, just track 8 renamed ).
Group 1: Just a normal track, renamed to group 1, where the others are linked to by routing.

Seems much simpeler then the topic starter idea, there is no need to change the current GUI layout.
Any track can be a group track ( except send tracks ).

How it’s done in FL, maybe this is more clear:

For example mixerchannel 11 will be the group channel, with a FX in it all channels linked should use:

Mixerchannel 5 is routed to channel 11, any amount of channels can be added to channel 11 like this:

This is a easy way of creating group channels.

this is what send tracks are for

Yes, but that’s exactly what the original poster wanted to do:

That’s the reason for the proposed GUI changes. 50+ is a lot of tracks

ic ^_^

+9001

+1

+1

I made a quick mockup of this a few years ago With grouping and minimizable tracks. Althogh this sketch also has a suggestion for piano roll track, but don’t mind that. I love the idea of grouping and minimizing to save space in the cluttered view. Especially minimizing. ;) Best would be if a track group worked just like a send track, that could have it’s own set of DSP chain.

Nice mock-up Lareux. Just needs vertical representation of audio waveform as a option for track view type and it would be pretty much perfect ;)