Two Questions Regarding Pattern Editor And Vst Automation

Thank you very much for your previous answer to my question!
I hope I don’t bother here too much, hopefully for the last time… :lol:
I have more two little questions,
Is it possible to mark a part of a track and with a command to change the number of instrument being played on all notes?

The last question, can knob movement on VSTi be automated in the way its done in Cubase (W) or Logic (Write/Latch) and if not, is there any way to know the exact CC# for a parameter I want to automate? because things sometime differ between one synth to the other. And sometimes, the cutoff knob (normally between 70 and 74) will not do anything, because the cutoff is controlled via VCF filter or something else. sometimes, there’s also more than one cutoff knob, etc, I hope you understand what I mean?
I’m doing a test drive on that program, apart from the things I can’t find it seems to be really, excellent.

No problem m8.
Feel free to ask anything. :)

You can change instrument number for notes in the Advanced Edit.

Currently you can not record movements directly from the VST(i) GUI.

For VSTi you must use Midi CC Device or VSTi Automate Device..
Add one of those devices to a track. Then find your CC, or find a parameter in the dropdownboxes in Vsti Automate Device. (make sure you connect the device to the correct instrument as well).

To see all parameters for vst’s you just press the little arrow on top left on that device in the ‘Track DSP’ chain.

Just hang in there, and read some of the tutorials. ^^

cheers

It really would make much more sense that knob/slider movements in a vst(i) gui can automatically be recorded. When I first tried Renoise I thought the record button was meant for this, but alas :(

you can do this if you control the VSTi parameter in question using the vstautomate device and an external controller (or the automate device itself). besides that, i’m not sure that the VSTi reports parameter changes back to renoise.

“you can do this if you control the VSTi parameter in question using the vstautomate device and an external controller (or the automate device itself)”

Yes I know, but it isn’t the most intuitive workflow from the get go IMO. Not something the N00b / beginner / person making a switch from anothr DAW would immediately get. Now of course one must read the manual and life will be good, but brainstorming how renoise can improve…I think automation needs a overhaul.

“besides that, i’m not sure that the VSTi reports parameter changes back to renoise.”

I’m not sure what you mean with this exactly, but…err…you twist a knob in a vst(i) and surely Renoise receives the parameter changes! :)

would be to much to ask for a vst param → renoise recorder out of the gui. some vst(i)'s are giving info out the CC # but maybe its not much to ask for a vst param → CC info given by renoise. hum?