Two things I own that I can't get to work in Renoise

I have been monitoring sales on KVR and PluginBoutique and I have recently acquired two items that I can’t seem to get to work in Renoise. Either they’re not compatible, or I just haven’t figured out the proper configuration. So…any suggestions?

iZotope’s Stutter Edit - OK, this probably isn’t as much of a loss since I can do similar things in illformed’s Glitch2, but if there was a way to make it work that would be nice.

Squaredheads’ Nora - I have been looking for new ways of devising chord variations and improvisations and this seemed like it would be nice. But it’s basically the same issue as with Stutter Edit - both programs expect you to route MIDI from another track through them.

So TL;DR - bought neat things, can’t brain to make work in Renoise. Having dumb.

Without owning the plugins here this is just some assumptions from me… Stutter Edit you can probably get to work using Plugin FX Aliases, which are used to send MIDI data to effect plugins. Once you have inserted the effect on a track, you can go into your instrument list and insert an Alias for it, this dummy instrument is then used to send MIDI data directly to that FX instance, Glitch 2, NI The Finger support this kind of input too. Nora is described as MIDI effect on the product page, which are unfortunatly not supported yet by Renoise.

Hi! Can somebody help to figure out the situation with Izotope Stutter Edit? Try to aliasing it to MIDI input but cannot get it working. Has a plugin Finger too (it works just fine with MIDI notes from keyboard), ButIzotope Stutter seems what it don’t see the pressed keys (neither from MIDI keyboard nor from computer keyboard), Is has version 1.05,572.OSX64, Renoise ver.3,1,0 and OS - OSX 10.11.6 Maybe wrong incoming MIDI Channel?

Dblue gove me advice on how to get stutter edit going here: https://forum.renoise.com/t/stutter-edit/46618

Thanks. But I did it the same way. Besides I have an AU not VST plugin. It don’t recognize MIDIs, The FInger, for example, works fine. I saw at youtube what somebody works with Stutter Edit in earlier version of Renoise, but in my case it don’t work… :wacko: Maybe some bug in AU version (but Finger is an AU too, All plugins I have is AU :drummer:).

Aah mac, yeah I’m on windoze.

Besides I have an AU not VST plugin.

All of the plugins you’ve mentioned are also available as VST, so I would simply recommend trying the VST version instead of AU.

Well… VST version works fine. Thanks. Just moved not needed VSTs to another disk so they can’t load at the startup now (and create copies to that of AU versions). It seems what I will buy Stutter then(it just goes at $49 in PluginBoutique-80% off). Although, technically, all three plugins (Finger, Glitch, Stutter) is the same principle somehow, the Stutter looks more artistic to me just right of the box.

Well… VST version works fine. Thanks. Just moved not needed VSTs to another disk so they can’t load at the startup now (and create copies to that of AU versions). It seems what I will buy Stutter then(it just goes at $49 in PluginBoutique-80% off). Although, technically, all three plugins (Finger, Glitch, Stutter) is the same principle somehow, the Stutter looks more artistic to me just right of the box.

Started buying everything I can through PluginBoutique. Got some nice glitchmachines plugins from them on sale too and with each purchase giving you credit that can be added to reduce the cost is a real plus. Think more sites should consider adopting something similar.

Yep. It’s important not to get yourself drowned under tones of software on the market.

Yep. It’s important not to get yourself drowned under tones of software on the market.

Agree. I try to evaluate if something is really worth buying by testing it out with a demo and asking myself questions like: Will I use honestly this and how will it benefit me? Am I just interested because it is on sale? Do i already own something that does the same thing? The market is indeed swamped with products, each claiming to be something you need and new stuff coming out constantly. Definitely good practice to keep in mind. The glitchmachines plugins i purchased have been a great addition, particularly for sound design for me. Regardless, I wouldn’t just buy another without research.