Typos In Globaloscactions .Lua And Snippets/Osc.Lua

Hello
Im sorry to nag… but there is no globalOscActions.lua in the app bundle, there is not even a scripts folder… should get it from this page and create a scripts folder? or just put in /users/dac514/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V2.6.0/scripts/ ?
(I allready have scripting enabled in renoise)

A real quick test would be to just turn the OSC Server on in the OSC Prefs Panel, if it doesn’t give you any flak, then you have the GlobalOscActions.lua file somewhere.

Maybe just search for GlobalOscActions.lua with Finder.

Also when you find everything, only edit GlobalOscActions.lua in the users tree.

2nd Thought, first just try opening renoise and going to Help, from there toward the bottom there will be a listing that says “Show the Preferences folder”
That should put you where you want to be.

The default globalOscActions.lua should be somewhere located where the Renoise application itself is also installed. It is the generic template that Renoise either loads from the preferences scripts folder if it is in there or it falls back to its default template in its own installation environment. It does not exists in the preferences’ scripts folder at first, you have to manually copy it there and then adjust it accordingly to your needs.

Are you sure? I find it improbable that the file doesn’t exist, otherwise Renoise wouldn’t work?

Just to clarify, on OSX an “app bundle” is the icon you double click to launch Renoise.

That icon is, in fact, a directory, masked by Finder to make the user’s life easier. In the Finder, right-click on the Renoise icon and do “Show Package Contents”. That said, the user isn’t supposed to mess around in here…

More info (i.e. a link to me doing a Google search):

http://www.mactipsandtricks.com/articles/Wiley_HT_appBundles.lasso

Cheers.

I knew about the app thing, but thank yo. I attach a screenshot of the folders you guys specified… or maybe I not getting something here…
and once we get over this that the thing is not there, can you please tell me what should I do?

Hi Ofer,

I just tested and you are right, sort of…

• If I download from the Backstage, then do “Show Contents”, the scripts are there.
  • If I download the free Demo, then do “Show Contents”, the scripts are missing.

I’m not sure what to make of this. Bug?

Ping Taktik.

Copy “GlobalOscActions.lua” to:

~/Library/Preferences/Renoise/V2.6.0/Scripts/

Edit that version.

I have the free demo… is that the issue?

Thank you very much, done.
can I makeup the paths for the osc? should I follow some protocol?
can I control VSTs like this? or the built in effects?

I dunno, I’m waiting for an official response myself.

You can do whatever you want. There is no protocol. For example, see this discussion and several others in this “Tec forum.” OSC is deliberately “open ended” which is both good and bad, depending on your point of view. You can control Effects and VSTs, but not out of the box. You will have to code these customizations in Lua using the API.

Renoise is very specific when it comes to accessing the API with OSC.