UAD Apollo

Howdy :slight_smile:

Anyone use UAD plugins in their Renoise projects? I am getting a new soundcard shortly and will most likely go for the UAD Apollo Twin Duo, so would just like to get some opinions from people allready using this card, or similiar from UAD.

Thanks and cheers,
Klaus

Hi,

I once had an UAD1 PCI (which also works great on Hackintosh). But I sold it years ago (good reselling price), since lot of VSTs provide the same quality ans without additional latency. UAD plugin will always double latency. The most UAD plugin I miss is Dreamverb. It sounds very deep and beautiful, never found a similar algorithmic reverb as VST later. Maybe some compressors are also very good. But all this EQ stuff, I think their are much better options as vst.

Howdy :slight_smile:

Anyone use UAD plugins in their Renoise projects? I am getting a new soundcard shortly and will most likely go for the UAD Apollo Twin Duo, so would just like to get some opinions from people allready using this card, or similiar from UAD.

Thanks and cheers,

Klaus

i use it 4 years now, it is work perfectly. no problems at all. 2x UAD1. only some odler plugins need Static Buffer in renoise, thats all.
Or sometimes it say “some uad plugins are disabled” restart renoise and works again.

but i think this is a bug came from my E-mu 1820 asio driver and buffer problem…

oh and im a big FAN of your music work Xerxes!

i use it 4 years now, it is work perfectly. no problems at all. 2x UAD1. only some odler plugins need Static Buffer in renoise, thats all.
Or sometimes it say “some uad plugins are disabled” restart renoise and works again.

but i think this is a bug came from my E-mu 1820 asio driver and buffer problem…

oh and im a big FAN of your music work Xerxes!

Thank you very much, sir! Well, thats it then… buying the Apollo Twin card… the biggest advantage is the recording of audio with no latency through very good ampsims… like the Neve or API. Also, as Jurek says, the Dreamverb is awesome… and their Lexicon reverb is amazing. They got some other great things too… but as far as EQ and compression I use other plugins and as my “go to”.

Thanks for feedback, much appreciated.

Cheers!

Using Renoise with my Apollo io. Working well.

Thank you very much, sir! Well, thats it then… buying the Apollo Twin card… the biggest advantage is the recording of audio with no latency through very good ampsims… like the Neve or API. Also, as Jurek says, the Dreamverb is awesome… and their Lexicon reverb is amazing. They got some other great things too… but as far as EQ and compression I use other plugins and as my “go to”.

Thanks for feedback, much appreciated.

Cheers!

i prefer EMT 140, thats what you need for Reverb.

for EQ i always use Cambridge EQ and Pultec.http://www.uaudio.com/store/reverbs/emt-140.html

For a simple chanelstrip i prefer uad built in free plugin. If you need more powerfull the Neve 88RS is avesome, i put in the master section.http://www.uaudio.com/store/channel-strips/neve-88rs.html

LA2A for leveling amp all has unique sound processign i cant hear any other PRO plugins like this.!!! U cant fail with UAD