Unable to rate downloads

I can’t seem to rate the downloads. I get an error in my browser when clicking on the stars.

7596 ratings-system-not-working.PNG

Also unable to play mp3 previews:

Attachment 7598 not found.

I can’t seem to rate the downloads. I get an error in my browser when clicking on the stars.

Weird, you were logged in when you tried to rate ? You need to download the file before you can rate it.

Edit: hmmm, I just managed to vote. I think it need a couple more votes before results (stars) are shown, so I can’t tell if it was registered or not.

Still, we could try to improve it by at least explaining that you can’t rate files before you downloaded them.

Also unable to play mp3 previews:

Running Safari on OSX?

Running Safari on OSX?

This is a know bug since years. I reported this directly when the Download section went online.

This is a know bug since years.

Yes, but at that time it only affected mobile Safari…certainly still is the case on my iPad. But perhaps the problem has ‘spread’ to desktop as well, I wouldn’t be surprised.

The solution unfortunately requires hacking into an already heavily modified IPBoard (same software running the forum). Basically tricking safari by serving the file with a different file extension by passing it through a proxy script…

Yes, but at that time it only affected mobile Safari…certainly still is the case on my iPad. But perhaps the problem has ‘spread’ to desktop as well, I wouldn’t be surprised.
The solution unfortunately requires hacking into an already heavily modified IPBoard (same software running the forum). Basically tricking safari by serving the file with a different file extension by passing it through a proxy script…

Mmh, I actually reported it for desktop Safari back then.

Yes. I am logged in.

Oh yes, Safari Desktop, since OSX 10.9 was this bug. I think a hack or replacement of that player lib would do the trick? I don’t know.

I know i have to reload the page after downloading before i’m allowed to vote.

I also struggle a lot with other problems on this forum lately, the problem is that if i write something in the ‘quick-reply’ window and click the post button it turns up as an empty post. Super annoying, but i don’t think it’s the forum’s fault as i’m suspecting it’s caused by some browser addon, just not figured out which yet.

So maybe a browser addon preents you from rating?