Updated For 2.8! The Baguetter, A Simple Device Swap Machine

Coolio! Like the new gui as well B)

Iā€™m rethinking the random row count and I think it should actually work well. I wish some more people would test it though so I could ask the team to include the tool on the tool page.

i had this
ā€˜C:\Users\VincentVC\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.7.2\Scripts\Tools\com.mynameiskaneel.baguetter.xrnx\main.luaā€™ failed in one of its notifiers.

Please contact the author (kaneel | mynameiskaneel@gmail.com) for assistanceā€¦

main.lua:217: attempt to index field ā€˜?ā€™ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
main.lua:217: in function main.lua:153

this happened after baguetting and then adding more dsps and trying to baguette again (pattern dump).

Tested V1 (Do you update manifest.xml when you change the first post? Otherwise, how are we supposed to tell you the version?)

Some comments:

• Line 119, you forgot to wrap that print() statement in an ā€œif DEBUGā€
  • __MACOSX junk in your package, ZipClean that shit.

Bug?

• Select a track with DSP
  • Turn on LIVE MODE
  • Select another track
  • Select the previous track

Expected: HON, purple button.
Actual: No purple button, but live mode is still going.

No obvious crashes after playing with it for 10 minutes. Fun tool!

Will check that, thank you for the debugging Conner!
And I think I updated the manifest, I did it everytime I released a new version.

Oh thank you! I thought I actually got rid of it.
Itā€™s a mix between the 0 / 1 count issue between renoise, lua and pattern commandsā€¦ and the max 15 devices dump only.

I didnā€™t know about that at all and I thank you for letting me know about that!

• Fixed the weird behaviour when selecting a new track. Now it stops the live mode.
  • Fixed an other issue with the pattern dump. I hope itā€™s enough this timeā€¦
  • New screenshot (very important)
  • Official v1! (cross yo fingers)

Can we have eventually this on the tool page?

Wait, what?

Are you asking for more testing? Or what?

I donā€™t see it in Quarantine. Did you upload your Tool to the Tools page? Itā€™s not us who will do this for you?

Letā€™s rephrase:

Do you guys think we can make this tool official or not?
To me itā€™s finished and ready to be unleashed to the world but Iā€™m very bad at finding bugs.

1 Like

Just put it up already! :drummer:

http://tools.renoise.com/tools/baguetter

Approved.

Ok, whatā€™s the next tool youā€™re going to code?

probably something concerning the beatslicer :wink:

Ahaha Jonas, who knows. Right now, Iā€™m on making a track but then, whooooo knows.

I didnā€™t even read the API concerning samples and instrumentsā€¦ yet :)

Hmmm, do you mean ā€œto relaunchā€ it when a new document is launched?
I was doing this before but I wondered if people liked that. Indeed, I forgot to at least kills some values so if I understand correctly.

So I have two choices, on a new document:

• kill the baguetter: use app_release to kill variables
  • to relaunch the baguetter: I just call init() again

Am I right?

It was working this way before. The init() has been modified so it could also reinitialize every variables that needed it.

I think Iā€™ll go with a simple close() function that kill every observable and variables.

Btw, when itā€™s done, should I just reupload on the tool page and then simply tell the world here?

Ok, will have some spare time tonight in order to fix this.

So, apart removing the notifiers, what should I exactly do?
Take all the variables and set them to nil? Or there is a dedicated delete/kill API method?

Updated with what Bantai just saidā€¦ when creating a new document, it reinitializes the tool (yes, lazy)