Use Like A Normal Sequencer ?

Hello i’m french and i ask me some question before buying renoise (i want it to use on linux).
I’ve got a 15go sample library and want use it with renoise too.

My questions :

• Can i use renoise like a normal sequencer (like cubase).

• Each track contain only 1 note ? it’s monophonic ?

• How make chord for the same instrument ?

• How track max can i create ?

Thanks for response and sorry for my bad english.

- Can i use renoise like a normal sequencer (like cubase).
Depends on what you mean… if you want a Piano roll or an arranger, no Renoise doesn’t have those… We will hopefully be getting an arranger soon.

- Each track contain only 1 note ? it’s monophonic ?
Tracks are polyphonic… however, note columns are monophonic. A track can be made up of many note columns. This is helpful for achieving monophonic effects that are popular with certain styles of music like chip and IDM, while still allowing for full polyphony.

- How make chord for the same instrument ?
Add a few note columns to the track you’re on… then add some notes beside each other in the track.

- How track max can i create ?
I just successfully created well over 256 tracks… much more than you will EVER need… And as the tutorial states, each individual track may contain a maximum of 12 note columns and a maximum of 4 effect columns. I’m not sure why these limits are here, they seem a bit silly to me, but apparently Taktik seemed to think they were good at the time. I’m thinking it might be legacy, remainder from the old file format.

Thanks for response and sorry for my bad english.
No problem… perhaps you might like to use babelfish or google translate on the Renoise tutorial … http://tutorials.renoise.com/Renoise/Tracks :)

Thanks for your response. I’m reading tutorials and found what i want.

Is it a french community or planned ?

• Can i use renoise like a normal sequencer (like cubase).

What does “normal sequencer” mean? Yeah you can sequence MIDI with it if this what you meant.

• Each track contain only 1 note ? it’s monophonic ?

Yes and no. By default it can contain one note. But you can add note columns to a track if you desire. This way you can add more notes to one track. Also there are NNA’s. In instrument settings you can change instrument behaviour: What does it do when the note is cancelled by another note coming in: 1) Cut off the note. 2) Trigger noteoff sequence, 3) Continue as if nothing happened.

• How make chord for the same instrument ?

Hold down shift key while entering notes. This stays on the same line and adds new note columns as and if neccesary.

• How track max can i create ?

Lot more than you need.

Thanks for questions. Hope it helps. :)

Edit: Oops doubled response by BYTE-Smasher

Any frenchman willing to translate is welcome, but the first one who offered to do this, never touched the manual when the english manual got copied to a souvereign environment for the fella.
Also an Italian translation doesn’t bring up much fertile results (some content is translated though).

For me it is simple to copy the contents to a specific folder but i do not publish the contents earlier than that a large portion of the texts have been translated.

The only other foreign translation being updated regulary is the Japanese Wiki.

I’m looking for the software (use in linux and windows) and i planned to buy it soon.

So i’m reading the manual and i’m ready to help with translation in french and make a community. Could you have more information to how i can procede ?

Thanks

It depends if you can do this on a reasonable regular basis. There are many pages that need to be translated from scratch and if translation is being done. Updates are going fast on the English edition.
Once the page has been set up, only the images and styles and templates are being updated, the rest is up to the maintainer.