Using an existing track to arrange with

I read somewhere that you can import a full track from a tune you dig and create an arrangement template in renoise with it. apparently Renoise is ideal for doing this. I wish I could find the post because I am not sure how to go about doing this. anyone try it?

What do you mean???

Basically import a track that you like. Get the tempo in renoise set to match. then each time there is a change, you create a section marker (this is the part I am not sure how to do). also you create a pattern clip for each part, and I am not sure how to do that as well.

From there you can save as a template and use that when you compose.

Much easier to do in a DAW where you can view the audio data on the timeline! But for what you ask something would be possible… But do you really want to match your tempo and structure (such as breakdown times and lengths) to existing tracks!!! And as a Template!

Sections are easy to create. Right click on the Sequence and select Create Section. You can then give it a name for the section that follows.

If you are going to do something like this with Renoise then Autoseek is going to be your friend!

I assume you can work out the BPM of a song…

It was just a technique used in renoise that I read on the web weeks ago and now lost it. Anyway, not a huge deal, but it sounded pretty cool.