V2 The Singing Softsynth

One of the plugins often overlooked these days is Farbrausch’s V2 Plugin.
It’s really great for speech synthesis and those weird “robotic singing” effects.

Anyway, here’s an example:

OGG Example
XRNS Example

Finally someone managed to let this baby sing under renoise… Thanks for that XRNS :) Niiiiice :)

awesome. i spent whole nights trying to figure out how the speech engine works. thanks for this!

Thanks for this one, just grabbed V2 again and will play with this speech thing a bit. :)

http://andreas.rayon.no/temp/speechsynthtest.mp3

Did this around April, a while back, after hearing the soundtrack to MFX/Kewlers’ “1995”. Someone told me the V2 was responsible for the lyrics so i pained my way through it. Turns out they lied. F word!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyAIf3YePY4

Anyway, cool synth, but it’s a little too finicky to use often. Frankly i’d rather vocode with heavily pitch constrained modulator.

Nice mp3 there sunjammer.
You’re right V2 is finicky , but if you have no source to work with and vocode, sometimes V2 is the easiest option.
I guess you could generate something in another speech synth and vocode it like say “AnalogX SayIT” but then, that kind of defeats the purpose…

I guess i just reached the point where it felt silly to keep jumping through the hoops V2 makes you jump when vocoders can typically help you make similar results, if not better.

Then again i’m a vocoding whore, i own 3 of the things, 1 of which is hardware.

They came back again and for the very last time
Having arrived to the end of their common lifeline
With a message to convey to the people on the scene,
Looking for some good spots where they all would convene.
They had a vision of how all things could be
If all those able minds would be set free.
So out they set to pass on their remedy,
To overcome formality with creativity.

Bring back the only demo art
Bring back for me only the old times

Choose Dekadence, Outracks, Cocoon and Matt Current
Choose Equinox, choose Traction, Limp Ninja and Spinning Kids
Choose Fit&Bandwagon, Portal Process and Lobstarrs
Choose Farbrausch and Unique, choose effects over 3Ds
Choose Komplex, Byterapers, Fairlight and Halcyon
Choose TPOLM, choose Orange, choose Kooma and Accession
Choose CN and CD, Spaceballs and TBL
Choose graphics, design, zero polys and shaders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCybnABiCo

for me, im also more into working with phonems rather than realtime synthesis…as i have find out that most interested tracks are simply made with wav clips, even though you can get more complex stuff with vstis and synthesis.

I’m still really interested in how Little Bitchard did those lyrics. They sound absolutely great

I can’t seem to get this plug to work properly. I can hear the initial rhodes patch but tweaking the settings doesn’t change the sound, nor does changing the presets.

Anyone else finding this?

To change presets you have to issue a midi change program command, 92 in the panning column.

Although that said, you should be able to change the properties of the rhodes patch, not sure why you can’t hear any changes there…

From the readme that comes with V2:

“Another “quirk” that results from the plugin’s multitimbrality is that changing the program in the VST host WILL NOT change the synthesizer’s current program, but rather it will only set the editor GUI to that program. To change programs for playback, you’ll have to send MIDI program change commands, either by manually inserting them as events or by a “program” field in your “track properties”, whatever software you may be using.”

Surely it’s not that hard? If that’s so it’s a bit of a drag to edit anything?

i have managed this years ago.

i don’t like V2 really… i got Cantor to sing alot better.

FACE IT!

No way dude, you got a ¤349 VST designed to create vocals to sing better than a free one where the phoneme stuff is just a fun “gadget”? Good job mate!