Varoius Small But Useful Feature Wishes from ViZiON

• Config files : « Config.xml » & « KeyBindings.xml » are saved automatically in the following directory :

« C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Renoise\V2.0.0 »

• Why ? Where is the Theme File in .xml ?
  • I think that these important files must be found in the program directory or here (like « eMule ») :

«.\Renoise 2.00\Config » : here, we find the 3 following files : « Config.xml », « KeyBindings.xml » & « Theme.xml ».

• When I load one .XRNS file using his VST(i) Plugin, plugins files must be found in the VST directory in « MISC ».

• In « VST Plugins », to add a new option allowing to loading VST(i) plugins automatically in the same directory where is the .XRNS file.

• If VST(i) plugins weren’t found while opening .XRNS file, to open a new window allowing to browsing on the hard disk.

• Title & Artist are showed in the « Song Comments » window. When this window is closed, to show Title & Artist next to « Disk Browse » at all times.
  • To increase the size « Song Comments » window so that to add an « Album Art » (Format .JPG) for the music (like « WinAMP »).
  • Above to the left of the « Pattern Editor » window, I can modify the number of lines in the pattern.
  • Down standing left of the « Pattern Editor » window, to add two buttons so that to modify the number of tracks.
  • Show/Hide the volume column in the « pattern editor » : to press the « Show/Hide the volume column » button allowing to working for only ONE TRACK.
  • For all columns, add a « Show/Hide the volume columns » button.
  • For all columns: add a « Show/Hide the panning column » button.
  • Or else add a button allowing to activating/deactivating « one column/all columns ».
  • To add an option allowing to showing/hiding the 4 columns which get effects.
  • Render to disk (WAV) : OK ! Render to Disk (MP3) will be nice !
  • I would like to listen .RNS & .XRNS files with WinAMP 5 but I don’t find plugin (like « MadTracker 2 »)
  • Or else, to make a little window player (compatible XP-Vista) allowing to reading only .RNS & .XRNS files.
  • In the « Pattern Editor », the note column have a black background, the volume column have a gray background, the panning column have a brown background, etc so that to show 7 different colors.
  • To add an option allowing to change colors in the background columns or in « Color Settings » in « Theme ».
  • After having launched « Renoise 2 », to add an option allowing to opening the last played .XRNS file automatically.
  • When the « Pattern Editor » window is in the mode fullscreen :
  • While the cursor of the mouse going to up, « upper frame of the interface » scroll go to down.
  • While the cursor of the mouse going to down, « lower frame of the interface » scroll go to up.
  • In the « Instrument Editor » window, to add an option allowing to loading/saving « Volume Envelopes », « Panning Envelopes » & « Pitch Envelopes » underneath « Envelope Presets ».
  • To add an option/button allowing to showing real « Pattern Effect » instead of « dB », « % ».
  • To add an option/button allowing to showing « Volume » & « Panning » in « % ».
  • To add an option allowing to inserting notes ONLY in the column instead of the track.
  • To add an option allowing to expanding/shrinking the pattern.
  • To add an option « Use TAB Key : jump column or jump track » so that the cursor jumps of column with column instead of track with track.

ViZiON

http://tutorials.renoise.com/Renoise/RenoiseAdvancedEdit

?

Oops ! OK, it works correctly :slight_smile: But I can’t use a key config for expanding/shrinking the whole pattern…

ViZiON

All a lot of suggestions, but not for 2.0 as we are about to release the first RC.

Will never happen. Reason:commercial License matters by Fraunhofer institute + Renoise is German product.
There are many free external tools that will perform this conversion of your wav to mp3 perfectly.

as an ugly workaround, you can select the automation curve, copy it, and paste it into a notepad where you can save it to disk (it’s XML data)

see here

this is not optional:

• load the song
  • song settings => Template song => Save

this is optional:

File => Open Recently loaded song

you can already show/hide volume/panning/delay columns for an entire track using these respective shortcuts:

LCTRL+LSHIFT+V for volume
LCTRL+LSHIFT+P for panning
LCTRL+LSHIFT+D for delay

ViZion: I’ve merged your topics into one big topic to avoid the flood of topics. I hope thats OK for you…

god damn it. 17 suggestions? give taktik a break

Hi,

taktik : No problem for having merged my topics into one big topic :slight_smile: I understand. i don’t know if you received my mail which contains all my ideas with pictures for Renoise 2. Else, I can send it for you a new time…

it-alien :
“LCTRL+LSHIFT+V for volume
LCTRL+LSHIFT+P for panning
LCTRL+LSHIFT+D for delay”

OK, it works but ONLY for 1 track instead of ALL tracks in the pattern :frowning:

“as an ugly workaround, you can select the automation curve, copy it, and paste it into a notepad where you can save it to disk (it’s XML data)”

OK, it is a good idea. You says XML data ? Why not to create an option for importing/exporting “Automation Volume ?” in .xml. It will be nice, no ?

vV :
“All a lot of suggestions, but not for 2.0 as we are about to release the first RC”

I know that certain suggestions aren’t the priority for the project of Renoise 2 but I think that Renoise can be improved in the base/interface…

Thank you & Greetings,

ViZiON

The suggestions were done in the specific Renoise 2.0 Beta ideas and suggestions forum which was put up for ideas and suggestions for the current version. As many users start to use the new beta version, some of the look and feels might not be what the majority experiences as usefull or the majority consider a certain lack of functionality that should be added. If the change is not too major, it gets implemented during the Beta phase.
All other major changes are being kept on a ToDo list and being taken in a next update.
So big ideas can better be posted in the generic Ideas and suggestions forum else they might get lost as the 2.0 beta ideas and suggestions forum is getting closed after Renoise 2.0 final has been released ;)

Regarding

Placing stuff in the “Program” folder is not a good thing since normal users (in for example vista) dont have access to write in program folder. I also fail to see why emule client should be something to aspire to.

Is this a big problem in general ? How often do vst/vsti’s get moved around/replaced ?

Imo, developing such a plugin would be the biggest waste of time ever.

– codec