Vsti Linking

This may have been suggested before but the thought of it has become more exciting since the sample keyzones was implemented…

The idea being that in the instrument settings you could “chain” multiple synths together that all play at the same time. This would potentially enable massive sounds with an infinite number of oscillators…

You mean this?

I can’t believe I missed this (again)…

It’s a testament to how quickly features are being added which can only be a good thing!

Am I right in thinking that you would only be able to take advantage of this if you have an external midi source?

I was thinking along the lines of putting the instruments alongside each other (in the same way you you would put effects alongside each other) then being able to play them together with the QUERTY keyboard…

Well, if you would be able to script and route your PC keyboard notes to a virtual midi-cable (this is possible with the Lua scripting) , you can then route that virtual midicable back into the instruments.
But it is ofcourse not the same as with using an external device. There is less latency, you have more controller codes you can send etc.