Wanna Buy A Notebook!

The US-122 seemed to be so cute. But it’s not cheaper than an Audiophile. And I wonder why. Because the Audiophile seems to have more features.
Doesn’t anyone know any USB soundcard with MIDI interface for about 100-150 €’s ?

I found Audiotrak - OPTO play, but it’s not for sale here in Holland.
Maybe If I look harder…

Well there’s also Terratec Phase 26 USB, which is one hell of an audio interface and even has a phono preamp, but costs around 220 euros (in Germany, www.thomann.de) and I’m not sure about the sound quality. Plus Terratec used to have crappy drivers (I don’t how they are these days). Anyhow, it costs as much as an M-Audio Audiophile USB, so I’d rather stick to that.

Yes!! I’ve got me laptop! Ordered Thursday, delivered today.
And it looks f-ing great!
Now I’m gonna install Renoise (still the demo version! damn!)
See how that rolls on my new baby… :guitar:

Renoise rules on this new system! Can’t believe this AMD notebook go’s faster than my P4-desktop.
Even Doom3 looks nicer on my notebook! :dribble:

Congrats. :)
As an additional surprise: Renoise 1.5 runs even faster with a better CPU usage.

Just a question… while we’re on the subject.

How would a pentium 4 be compared to a

ACER ASPIRE 2012WLCI PMCNT-1.5G
???

:unsure:

Sorry to ask so much , but I wanna make sure I buy something that’s actually worth the money…

Thanks! :)

Which processor is in your desired Acer Aspire?
Not that I didn’t search for it. I did, but I couldn’t find out which processor they put in it.

For my case I can tell you that I’d have to pay 200 € more to get a compareable Notebook with a P4. Mine is an Acer Aspire 1315 with an Athlon in it.

mine is Aspire 1356 AMD 2800+ XP-mobile.
Downside is batterytime… only 2 hours…

Same here, 2 hours. But only if I use Renoise :)
If you’re just working with Word or something, the battery will work longer.

Not really sure what part of the PC that is the prosessor (PC n00b) so copied and pasted what I think is the most obvious prosessor parts:

ACER ASPIRE 2012WLMI PMCNT-1.5G 60GB 512MB 15.4IN DVDRW+/- WXPH NO (LX.A2405.033)

Mobile Intel® Centrino™ Technology
Intel® Pentium® M prosessor with 1024KB L2 Cache and supporting Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology
Intel® 855PM chipset with 400MHz FSB

System memory Standard DDR-333 memory, can be upgraded to max. 2048MB* on dual soDIMM sockets

Harddisk ATA/100 hard disc drive
4-in-1 card reader supporting MultiMediaCard (MMC), Secure Digital (SD), SmartMedia, and Memory Stick

EDIT: Thanks for all the help! :)

Sounds nice. You have a DVD writer for both formats, so you can put any raw DVD into it and burn.

Your Processor is an Intel processor, which makes notebooks a bit more expensive (than the ones with AMD Athlon) but also has an advantage that deepX and me don’t have:
Longer Battery usage. They’re known for working >3 hours.
I suppose it’s clocked at 1,5 Ghz which is fast enough for Renoise, for example. A 15" LCD panel is nice. Especially if you use Renoise. A resolution of 1024x768 on a 14" might seem a bit too small.
512 MB RAM is enough memory to have your PC running smooth, especially if you tend to load big samples/VSTi’s. And a 60 GB harddrive should last for a long time to save things on.
So if you want to use your notebook quiet often with a battery, then it’s good to have an Intel Centrino processor.

It’s got a 15,4" screen, which was one of the main things that had me interested in it

:)

Damn, I can’t even imagine how nice this is gonna be compared to the PC i’m using now…