Weird Bug With Vsti Plug In Names

if i rename the plugin z3ta+_fx.dll to z3ta_fx.dll it can see it in the vst effects list, but if i rename it to z3ta+_fx.dll it can’t…

all the while it can see z3ta+_fx2.dll with no problem…

if i change z3ta+ virusmod.dll to z3ta+ virus.dll, it doesn’t see it… (update: it just seems it worked now, it looks like it’s random).

i’m completely lost here, seems the plugin detection routine of renoise 1.281 is screwed up bad… heeeeeeeelllllllllllllpppp

it also has problem with detecting d’cota.dll, it sees d-cota.dll but failed to initialize with the error log (magicmatch).

does symbol + or ’ in the name of a plugin (which is perfectly legit for the os) makes problem with Renoise ???

maybe there are problem with spaces in VST dll’s names and the Renoise vst-scanning routines on too wild characters … why you renaming vst dll’s? name it “plus” instead of + … or find another name … or let the dll’s untouched … all vst(i) working fine if the dll’s are installed with a given installer.

Renoise accepts normal and clean vst dll names only - it’s not a bug - it’s feature! :D

that’s a bit weird tough :), i’d rather keep the original name of the vsti, but anyway renaming “z3ta+_fx.dll” to “z3ta+ fx.dll” seems to work, this makes no sense to me :), specially since “z3ta+_fx2.dll” has no problem…

it’s probably another name that is screwing the vsti check up routine just before checking that name making it to skip it…