What Did You Use Prenoise?

1992 - octamed
1994 - taketracker
1996 - ft2
2002 - ntk
2003 - renoise 1.25! :] tadaaa!

OctaMED and less ProTracker in Amiga days…

Along with Renoise I rarely use Reason and Live, and Auditon for sound editing and some mastering.

nothing interesting, ft2->renoise. and i used at2, goattrk, rad and other trackers as well…

Started 1993 with Scream Tracker -> Fast Tracker II -> Impulse Tracker -> Fruity Loops (haven’t used it very long, but did a few songs with it) -> Renoise.

1990 - Fostex X15 + guitar
1995 - Cubase 1.0 and casiotone keyboards
2001 - Music Center Pro
2003 - Fruityloops
2003 - Sonar (1 month)
2003 - Magix
2004 - Tracktion
2005 - Renoise
2008 - Versatracker

haha eeter, welcome to the renoise forum. i noticed you’re new. one of the quickest things you will pick up around here is that kaneel is nothing more than a sarcastic fucker. he’s a cool dude, but you can’t ever take him seriously. he’s just weird like that.

The huge world of VST plugins. :P

1990 - 2000

you DARE and deny it, fruity cakes!

ten years of ST? You masochist or something? :blink:

Nah, just held on to the Amiga a lot longer than I should have. I never liked MED and was too set in my ways to try the later Amiga trackers. Thank god for a clean break with the PC and Renoise! :D

.my hands (played drums)
.buzzzzz
.renoise

and tried everything that i could get my fingers on…

ModPlug -> Reason -> ModPlug -> Ableton Live -> ModPlug -> Cubase SX -> ModPlug -> Renoise

…and I recently noticed I’m back to running ModPlug quite often again.

As long as its hex, music is flex

Wow, that’s an impressive list, vV!

My tracker list: Noisetracker > Protracker (+clones) > Fasttracker > AXS > [insert big gap with no productivity] > Renoise 1.27

Apart from that, I have used, and still continue to use, a lot of apps, these are the ones I have purchased and/or continue to use: Audiomulch/Cooledit/PureData/CPS/Granulab

Atari 65xe era:
simply was writing glitch sounds and some melodies in atari basic.

Amiga 600-1200 era:
Protracker 2
Digibooster PRO

PC era:
Wavestudio
ReBirth
FT2
Audiomulch
Acid Pro 4
Skale
Renoise 1.8

MAC era (nowadays):
Renoise
Logic 8

http://jabbanoise.renoise.com/

Seems there are lots of ex-Amigans around. And people thought they vanished from the face of earth :D

Pre 1995: Yamaha Electone organ, reel 2 reel tape-recorder, C64-programs like “The Music Studio” or “Micro Rhythm”.
1995: Scream Tracker 3 - found it on a shareware CD and discovered that you could also compose with it, not just listening to the tunes I got with it.
1996: Played around with Fast Tracker II, it sounded more clean (I don’t think ST3 supported 16 bit output) but I didn’t conform with the interface.
1997: Found Impulse Tracker on the internet.
1999: Made a decision that I wanted to explore MIDI-instruments more since I felt blocked in some ways with only samples. Started using Cubase and Impulse Tracker simultaneously, buying more and more hardware gear.
2002-2004: Still Cubasing, started exploring the VST-world. Made some music with Adlib Tracker II. Tried Noisetrekker but didn’t like its interface.
2005: Wanted to change from Cubase to something else, tried Fruity Loops but never composed anything with it. Tried Renoise 1.5 when it was released and has been hooked on it since.

1991 Atari STE and TCB Tracker, i must have made about 20 tunes on and off with this one… it was my introduction to the tracking scene ;)

Octamed on an Amiga A500 gave me an extra 4 chanels and midi out but i never really done much with it.

My first PC had a Soundblaster 16 ISA card… and FT2. Mate, it was the boolax… a friend a i knocked out a good 40 tunes some of which got played in a couple of clubs in Cyprus… thoes were the days.

Renoise is all i need… i dont use vst fx or instruments if i can help it… i like sample mashing as this is what we had to do with the old stuff and for some reason, my tunes turn out much better like that.