What do you do for a living?

Hi guys, as the topic says - what do you do for a living?
i currently work as a (junior) devops engineer (before that, i’ve doing some other stuff not related to IT - excavator/truck/taxi/…)

Video game SFX and soundtrack work when I can get it. Working on SFX for Marble it Up: Mayhem (iOS game) currently.

1 Like

At the moment I’m self-employed and I’m running a company together with my best friend. We’re online traders (worldwide) and we mainly produce and trade in printed textiles, but we also trade in buckles, leather belts and special jewellery. My part in this company is being the manager of our manufacturing site, the designer of our textile products, the techician of our machines and the problem solver of everything else except bureaucracy and financial issues (tax office etc.).

In the past I also worked as an offset printer, fitness trainer, nutrition trainer, physiotherapist and special therapist for neurological patients, mainly Morbus Parkinson. But you just earn some shitty pocket money (except while working as an offset printer), so I quitted everything and since about 8 years I’m my own boss and earn enough for living. I even managed to restart creating music again, which wasn’t possible for years (no time left), but since about 2 years I’m back. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

white collar wage slave

1 Like

sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what is exactly that? upon googling i see no exact answers :smiley:

That means he’s an employee and he works for money. But he didn’t mention what exactly he’s doing. :wink:

1 Like

I’m an embedded software engineer.

1 Like

I studied chemistry and am employed at a research institute. Luckily have a permanent job since last year.

2 Likes

I worked construction jobs for years until i had a serious injury and my back is a mess,been going to hospital/doctors for 15 years now.Last job was in the fire department that ended a year ago,now I am unemployed looking for work

1 Like

So this is a thing! :thinking:
i know one hip-hop sample-based producer who is also a chemistry-guy
Dj Grumble http://grumble.bandcamp.com/
he also uses a tracker (PlayerPro)… for ages!
i know this because he was one of the initial triggers why i’ve started making beats in the first place

1 Like

I’m graphic designer, mainly for printed documents and magazines.

Also I make music as a side-job with some decent results, but not sufficient to become a full-time composer.

1 Like

I learned and work as facade designer.
EDIT: i forgot, i’m also a VST developer.

2 Likes

webmaster

I wondered when somebody might ask this question :wink:

I´ve been working with electrical systems and was self-employed in web-design and -development for a couple of years.
Then i worked in mechanical engineering but eventually had to travel a lot and switched to software development - making engineering-, graphics- and audio-related tools.
I also did composing-sidejobs in a small studio and mixed audio material for bands.

Today i mainly work as composer but also do audio-related programming at the same company.
It took a long time for such an opportunity to arise.

1 Like

please give me opportunity to work in the audio-related programming realm! :frowning:

I’m a Learning Experience Designer – I develop eLearning training modules.

1 Like

Project manager - washroom installations

1 Like

Graphic designer. Both employed and freelance… the latter only at the moment though. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I work in Public Administration (Environmental Protection Agency) mainly as a Noise Pollution Inspector (which sounds quite funny for a breakcore musician :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

your job title sounds like a dope track.

3 Likes