What’s The Best Desktop DAW? (2015 Poll) on Synthopia

Time to vote for our lovely favorite tracker and musical creation environment RENOISE !!!

Poll started on 30 nov. on Synthopia’s website…

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2015/11/30/whats-the-best-desktop-daw-2015-poll/

https://polldaddy.com/poll/9206543/

I know, Renoise is not a DAW… who cares… it’s on the list, waiting for us.

I know, Renoise is not a DAW… who cares… it’s on the list, waiting for us.

Wait wat.

I mean yes it’s a tracker, but it’s not a full-on tracker. (In fact I’d go as far as to say it’s a tracker style DAW more-so than a DAW styled tracker) It’s pretty much capable of anything a DAW can do and can excel at some things that other DAWs don’t. Who is saying Renoise isn’t a DAW?

Anyways Renoise has my vote.

Besides the fact that i am using renoise, i have to admit that bitwig earns the title for some reasons.

like touch abilties, effect chains and handling, moderate pricing, still supports 32bit vst on 64bit systems…

though i work with bitwig and ableton intro, renoise is still my main workhorse,because…who needs radio

I hate these yearly “What is the best DAW?” polls like the plague. There is no real valuable information that can be gained from this poll. If someone like Ableton as their main DAW then he is voting for Ableton. Simple as that. DAW with most users will win. So what’s the meaning of it then?

Also someone in the comments said:

None of the mentioned are the “Best” Daw. If there would be “the best daw” out there, than everyone on the world would use it. But since there are many daws with many different features and competing the crap out of each other (hence we are doing yet again another poll… which also beats the crap out me).

Also another problem with “general” polls like these is that this site focuses a lot on “vsts” and hardware synths. Thus it gets obvious that FL Studio / Ableton and Logic will probably be hip.

QFT!

I hate these yearly “What is the best DAW?” polls like the plague.

Why bother, the world won’t listen. There are so many dumb polls about whatever, but obviously there must be people out there who enjoy it. Simply save your time and nerves, don’t vote and ignore the BS. Or, plan B: have a laugh at the ridiculous results - no matter who’s the winner. :smiley:

Most of the people voting on this poll also won’t have tried the rest in any detail except in passing. I’m pretty experienced having used Renoise, Reaper, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, Bitwig and Sonar as primary DAWs at one time or another.

But are they better than Presonus Studio One? I’ve no idea!

And this is the thing, there’ll be people on all sides going, “This is what I use, therefore it’s the best” without having tried all the others.

Bag of bollocks if you ask me.

Every DAW is great in something else…

For me (just what ive tried):
Most funny daws: Renoise and Bitwig
Most capable daw: Reaper and Samplitude
Workflow / capability daw : Cubase and Sonar
Price / capability daw: Reaper / Mixcraft / Tracktion

Workflow / capability / price: Studio one
Best straighforward DAW: Tracktion

Best live daw: Ableton Live
Best DAW without any midi controllers: Fl Studio

Best inbox (edm) DAW: Reason / bitwig / fl studio
Best sound-designer daw: Mulab

Best sound-designer daw: Mulab

That’s because the core of MuLab is MUX, which is also available separately, so it can be used in any DAW. I feel that MUX is hands-down one of the most underrated plugins. :slight_smile:

As for the survey, well, like last year, I cast my vote for Renoise, though I have to admit I’m currently in a stage of deep appreciation for FL Studio’s new GUI that’s based on vector graphics and works so well on high-dpi displays. As far as DAWs go, this is easily my #1 feature of 2015. I really would love to see this kind of dpi-based scaling (configurable) for Renoise, too.

pro tools, the industry standard audio production platform.

And this is the thing, there’ll be people on all sides going, “This is what I use, therefore it’s the best” without having tried all the others.

But what I use is the best, therefore all the others must be the worst :badteeth:

I also use the industry standard audio platform :blush:

Actually I really use DUBturbo. Upgraded from Music 2000 (Because my playstation doesn’t work anymore). I said “put in more trap and dubstep” and they listened! Now if they can make it more like music 2000, I will have the best Daw.

Creativity is only limited by your imagination.

Most the daws are the same, they all sequence and have all the basics covered, the best is a personal choice of which you find easiest to work with, which could be because of the GUI, because it’s complex, or simple, or because you think you’ll sound like xyz because he uses it.

Which is the best car? Which is the best synth? It’s all personal.

Why do i use renoise instead of logic, cubase, pro tools? It’s quick for me to translate my ideas, the workflow is brilliant, it has all the features i want and leaves out the features i dont care for, keeping things simple and focussed. But then would a film composer with a live orchestra to multitrack enjoy renoise the same? Probably not.