Whats next for Renoise?

this is so awesome :-)are you guys going to make a topic at kvr forum soon?

And yet it get dropped into (…)

Only because several people in this thread were obviously very curious about it, asking questions, requesting more info from danoise, etc.

It’s not causing any harm, is it?

This type of thing belongs in its own thread.

It will obviously get a proper announcement and dedicated thread of its own soon enough.

This was just a very quick mention of what’s been going on around here, not intended as some kind of troll (???).

Cheers.

And yet it get dropped into a “What’s next for Renoise thread”. You see, I dont have to put up with this BS in other forums that are specific to music & production. Just here this happens. I’m over it. This type of thing belongs in its own thread. It’s simply too troll for me.

No, trolling is not my game here. What would be the point of that, anyway?

We simply specifically did not want to reveal this before superbooth was over. So, not answering once the topic arrives “for real” here on this forum, on which I spend a fair amount of time, would not be OK.

Sononym obviously deserves it’s own topic. There was a good one about sample browsers a while back, might bump that one or create a new topic entirely…

edit #1: haha, wow - hi dblue cool.png

edit #2: Dedicated topic:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/sononym-sample-browser/49169

Did someone already mention spaceships & lazerz …& cloaking technology!?! Yisss :ph34r: :yeah:

this is so awesome :-)are you guys going to make a topic at kvr forum soon?

+1 good idea - once it gets released. You need to be able to trust the reviews.

No, trolling is not my game here. What would be the point of that, anyway?

We simply specifically did not want to reveal this before superbooth was over. So, not answering once the topic arrives “for real” here on this forum, on which I spend a fair amount of time, would not be OK.

Sononym obviously deserves it’s own topic. There was a good one about sample browsers a while back, might bump that one or create a new topic entirely…

edit #1: haha, wow - hi dblue cool.png

edit #2: Dedicated topic:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/sononym-sample-browser/49169

Haha! Fair enough. I think I just rolled out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. I’ll pull my head back in now. :slight_smile:

On topic… I wonder if this means that more dev time will be spent on Renoise after sononym has been “finished”.

On topic… I wonder if this means that more dev time will be spent on Renoise after sononym has been “finished”.

@joule
Good question… Very sharp.

Wait…first talk of HDPI support in Renoise…then talk about how the new project could be beneficial for Renoise…now the devs release an Elektron app…Please tell me Renoise is not going to be based on Elektron in the future! Please?

What´ ssononym?

edit: found it …

Wait…first talk of HDPI support in Renoise…then talk about how the new project could be beneficial for Renoise…now the devs release an Elektron app…Please tell me Renoise is not going to be based on Elektron in the future! Please?

Agreed. Elektron apps are bloated and underperformant. I’d hate to see Renoise go this way.

how the new project could be beneficial for Renoise…now the devs release an Elektron app…Please tell me Renoise is not going to be based on Elektron in the future! Please?

Nope, I can guarantee that Renoise is not turning into a javascript application - that would be pretty insane :slight_smile:

Actually, none of us are big fans of Electron/node.js. But in this case, the choice made a lot of sense. A lot of custom C++ modules under the hood, though.

The potential benefit is in having a much more powerful sample browser - but it’s not the immediate plan to combine Sononym + Renoise. They will exist separately, at least for the time being.

As for the immediate Renoise plan - even I don’t know. All I know is that taktik have expressed a desire to get his hands dirty with the code once again.

So, good times!

1 Like

Nice to read!

Electron / Chromium “poor performance” related: Just like webkit, chromium does not seem to be hardware accelerated (in contradiction to Chrome and Safari, I have no idea why Google and Apple do that). But there is a trick to force at least webkit to use hardware acceleration, maybe this trick would work with chromium, too? https://davidwalsh.name/translate3d

All I know is that taktik have expressed a desire to get his hands dirty with the code once again.

So, good times!

That’s what we like to hear!

Nope, I can guarantee that Renoise is not turning into a javascript application - that would be pretty insane happy.png

Actually, none of us are big fans of Electron/node.js. But in this case, the choice made a lot of sense. A lot of custom C++ modules under the hood, though.

The potential benefit is in having a much more powerful sample browser - but it’s not the immediate plan to combine Sononym + Renoise. They will exist separately, at least for the time being.

As for the immediate Renoise plan - even I don’t know. All I know is that taktik have expressed a desire to get his hands dirty with the code once again.

So, good times!

Well, I find the idea to have an application only available as what is basically a website and then ship it with an entire browser included to make it a “desktop application” pretty insane in general, and yet it is happening everywhere these days :slight_smile: But I am very glad to hear this is not the plan for Renoise!

While Sononym is not for me, I wish the team success with it. I can actually see it being (commercially) more successful than Renoise. It has all the right ingredients for the kids nowadays (Elektron GUI, ML buzzword, boutique pricing).

But I am also very happy to hear that Taktik will dive into Renoise coding again!

All I know is that taktik have expressed a desire to get his hands dirty with the code once again.

So, good times!

I have an extensive, and varied, sample collection so Sononym looks like a useful tool for me. That being said, it’s encouraging to hear about taktik’s renewed interest in working on Renoise as well. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

These are very good news!! Alles neu macht der Mai :yeah:

Hopefully the future brings us further away from the pianoroll. :stuck_out_tongue:

Renoise HQ gathers around a table and Taktik starts talking: Team… We need a new product. We need a new hit! But we also need to play to our strengths! What could be nerdier than tracking?

Danoise: Obsessive compulsive sample organizing?

GOOD PIVOT.

_ Edit: Typos _