Whats next for Renoise?

it was funnier, when you left “AMIGA forever” inside :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I thought it would then sound like an insult. I also like Amiga and ST-01.

2 Likes

I’m new to tracker-style composition, just took it up after 24 years. I LOVE it. I’m getting the sounds I’ve been wanting without having to learn how to code in another language. I also have found that if one is really driven to mastering within Renoise, it’s a reality. The built-in sound engineering and design effects are fantastic, and now that I can access the deprecated versions, there’s even more to work with.

The synthesis side of me is equally as excited to see if new types of synthesis and mixing tools could be added in the future (side-chaining and otherwise). Sequencing with Renoise is a piece of cake for me, it all makes sense. I have a bunch of Audio Units and now I don’t need most or any of them, really, outside of spectral, granular, or FM modulation type stuff.

We can design our own samples within Renoise, and we can make spectacular mixes in Renoise as well (if one takes their time). It’s a damn fine sequencer. Hard to crash it, too!

5 Likes

I do not want to divert the discussion, but watch this:

Right now there are more than 81.000 signatures. Every 2 minutes 1000 signatures are increased. :astonished::astonished::astonished:

Regarding Renoise, there are many things that can be improved. The list can be very long and there are also a few bugs. If someone is comfortable in previous versions, that user can always use version 2.8, or older.

Nowadays it is very usual to maintain the software, update it and improve it. All are an evolution. By the way, Renoise is still far from “being perfect”, although that is not the goal. The issue is that it must be reasonable to use it for all the current hardware, where Renoise is already obsolete, and the creators know it. We just have to wait for them to do their job as they prefer. We must let the program continue to evolve. If it were the other way around, it would be absurd.

2 Likes

I have bought my copy at version 2.7 and release of renoise 3 was exacly what i was thinking this soft needs (im still amazed with phrases)

All my hidden suggestions are for tools and UI. The gui work is confirmed so lets wait for beta and focus on bugs.

1 Like

530000 now :astonished: I actually liked it.

What about if Taktik goes Patrion or Crowdfunding for spending more time in renoise?
Does this tread allready exist? There are so many Updates renoise can have.
I using mainly Reason 10 but in last time i spend much more time in renoise again and i still love it.

• renoise can get a another sequencer like piano roll with own speed (8/1 16/1 4/4 etc. Target on C4 …)
  • updating effects
    Oh … i dont know what else. Fuck i love it… ah…
  • better sidechain

It feels like come back home since first time open a tracker to play the Soundtracks of original unreal Game

1 Like

Yep, another thing that would be very useful - either automatable, or LFO-driven. This sampler is just too good to not beef up for the future. Granular. All the way. Every kind and type of granulation.

And if possible, time-stretch, built-in or really nice commands.

1 Like

Moving the cursor instead of scrolling the whole pattern if you are not trying to go outside the currently visible area. That is all I would like :slight_smile:

I made a VST plugin years ago, It was very simple and worked perfectly.
Renoise files are associated to Renoise, so you just load the VST in the DAW you are using as master, point it to the corresponding project file for Renoise, now every time you load the DAWs project, it just runs the Renoise project and that automatically opens Renoise.
I made it in Synthmaker and have long since stopped using that because i regularly use Macs now too and Synthmaker is windows only.
But i doubt very much it would take any real developer a couple of hours to knock it up as Win/Lin/OSX VST.

1 Like

Someone told me that Rewire now is capable of transferring midi, too! Then it would actually make sense to me. Using the other daw like a complex synth! Is that statement true?

Yes, you can send MIDI from Rewire master to Rewire slave. But not the opposite way. If you e.g. use Renoise as Rewire master and open Reason as Rewire slave, you can send MIDI from Renoise to Reason.

1 Like

I dont know if its possible but how about the whole of renoise inside redux, or simply the whole of renoise inside a vst? There may be some reason its not possible but reading through seems like people like to export ‘stems’ to other software to use audiotracks…if it could be opened as a vst, wouldnt have to use rewire. Either that or adding audiotracks but thats like a whole different type of software with overdubs, multiple takes, inputs for a whole band live at once, scrubbing and so on

Juzzz trhow ya stems/audio into Mixbus or Reaaper & be happy with that. Good workflow to!!

1 Like

Ooh. That’s pretty genious :slight_smile: I wish it was available.

I love RENOISE so much. Its my sampler, sequencer, arranger, etc.

I would like to see an improvement on Buss Group mixing and a nice soft synth for RENOISE.

Lastly, I don’t like it when everytime I have to open RENOISE, it asks me to put in my password on my mac to open it. It’s annoying.

I think next thing we need is vst3. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The following should be to solve the current problems of version 3.2.0, which may appear shortly. I guess this could be accompanied by the compatibility with VST3 and more improvements.

VST3 is on top of the list of things to do next, but this will take a while.

Let’s close this thread now that 3.2 is out, and use the rest of the forum for more detailed discussions about problems and feature suggestions.

12 Likes