The other day I imagined what it would Renoise in the future. You already know, with all these advanced things:
- A revamped GUI that would fit the screen resolution, with various font sizes and icons.This should take priority over all other things, since everything depends on the GUI.
- A section of advanced automation layered with audio tracks with sound waves of each track and a lot of controls to make it easier automation, and can superimpose layers. Basically, is to merge the audio tracks with the automation using layers, which can be disabled (seize the surface to the maximum).
- A advanced pattern editor with a vertical pinanoroll optional for each track (each track supporting 120 columns note), you can undock in a floating window and turn 90° (vertical or horizontal).
- Most advanced and easy instrument builder (keyzones) to deal with multiple samples…
- Improve the matrix editor to differentiate groups of the tracks, and can collapse, greater vertical zoom, etc.
- Better use of colors, which have utility.Classification of instruments by groups relationship colors of tracks and instruments, etc.
- All detachable.
- Things like that, the list could be endless. Definitely, Renoise that can be adjusted more to suit the consumer…
But all of this sounds too big. It seems that it is necessary that the Team Renoise grow considerably to advance this software, with more developers, or merging with another team.Most of these things have related with the GUI. A small team to strengthen the graphics would be great.
Apparently, after a year or more, we only see an update with bug fixes.This is great!However, nowadays everybody wants everything fast and soon. Other solutions meet this pace, fast and soon.
In general, it is possible that developments in recent years with programs to compose music (DAWs) has made us a dirty trick (for ignore the true potential of a tracker). Renoise possibly is not even half the way.The tracker with a great team and money back could become the best DAW of the history.Their full potential is enormous.Whoever does not see this, is that has not used a tracker thorough in your life.
On the other hand, for this breakthrough software, a larger marketing machine, which implies a dedicated department would be necessary.Most DAWs that you see, have more development (more team) and advertising varied (more team) and are therefore more expensive.And some thing else,with a superb marketing, even the worst shit can be sell massively.
Renoise 4.0, with all these things, by symbolic price of 99’99€. Doyou imagine it? ^^ ^^
I greatly enjoy Renoise 3.1.0, is a great evolution versus version 3.0.1.But at the same time, I droolevery time I think of a much more advanced Renoise (with all those things in the above list or similar).Dreaming is free!
Sure each of you has his way of thinking…
Akiz, Tracktiononly is known by Bungle and four cats more,with almost twice fame inGoogle. Nothing else. Do not worry!