Which Audio Interface Are You Using?

I also heard it’s very good, especially the converters. I actually bought it once but something was wrong with it and I ended up buying this one instead Delta 44 .
I still believe that Juli@ is a great sound card though.

Huh? What’s “alsa”?

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture

link

then this is not important to me :)

I use it (Juli@) here at the firms office. Stable card with WHQL certified drivers (which is seldom at that price category) It works flawless here and sounds well.

M-audio Firewire 410, which sounds great when it decides it feels like functioning as described in the manual. I use a pair of Klipsch 2.1’s, which have great sound but are not really appropriate for mixing music. And even if i had some good near-fields, the thinness of my walls would prevent me from truly making good use of them. What I should do is pick up some genuinely good headphones.

Blessings,
Damon

Ps.
Can anyone recommend some headphones that are neutral enough (and not too costly) to give me a good overall sound mix balance?

creamware luna 2 … found one 2nd hand, for less than the audiophile.

the drivers arent perfect but the sound is wonderful. though, the dsp effects don’t seem to work in renoise :confused:

but still, it’s atleast as good as the audiophile even without the dsps but costed me less. wasnt a hard choice :)

err…well the dap effects do work in renoise. Simply don´t use the xtc mode just install the sfp 3.1 or higher implement fx as you like (eg in the mixer), choose a controller for the knob by right clicking it and typing in the controller value and use the meta midi effect in renoise. 0 Problemo.

More infos about how to contro CW cards: www.planetz.com

Hmm, I’d suggest exactly the opposite. :)

Running decent monitors out of an onboard soundcard is just a waste of time and money imo. With a decent souncard, on the other hand, you can still buy a pair of monitor headphones such as K 240s, which are merely a fraction of the price of studio monitors. Even hi-fi speakers could sound OK with a bit of post-EQ applied to them.

But, oh well. :)

I’m assuming you work with general electronic music? Then I recommend nothing other than AKG Acoustics…

K 141 Studio
K 171 Studio
K 240 Studio
K 271 Studio

Find one to suit your budget, otherwise you might have to go with the “Monitor” headphones. Fine more here: http://www.akg.com/akg_structuretree/power…,EN,cate,8.html

I’ve had the K 240 Studios for a little over two years now and still haven’t grown out of them. Very clean and flat sound, brilliant quality.

M-Audio Omnistudio USB, really a good card! :)

M-Audio Delta 1010 rack, into Behringer MX2642A into Behringer B2031As. Sonds real nice imo. Minimum latency 6ms @ 41k, 1ms @ 96k

Yes yes, M-Audio Delta 1010 rack here too, nice sound. And good alsa support.

Audiophile 2496. Works like a charm with 16ms @ 48000hz when your cpu isn´t the slowest :)

delta 1010 rack also in here

Ever had any problems with the 1010 rack? I haven’t, the only niggle was I bought it from the US & it had a 110v PSU, so I had to get an adapter, but working great now. It also doesn’t like shared PCI slots.

emu 0404 here. dirt cheap. has it’s problems though. like unbalanced inputs and drivers that are quite fussy. and the biggest problem is that i can’t get the card’s native vst to load in renoise :angry:

Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96
Great card, except for the fact that it lacks multiclient asio. I had to take latency up to 5ms (been on 4ms before with Reason, and 40ms with 1.281 on DX drivers), and it’s cool 90% of the time. But I didn’t really maxed the CPU yet with Renoise, since I’m doing mostly sample-based music with it.

ive got Maya44 MKII and im quite happy with =)

M-Audio Delta 44 :)

Is the M-Audio FireWire 410 buggy or something? :o

I’m thinking about getting one for my laptop.