Which Songs Most Say "1980's" To You?

You’re all wrong! The song is called “let forever be” from the album Surrender which was released in 1999.

…So get your facts straight before you start posting lies on the internet!!! :angry: … j/k :P

:) I know. It just sounds kinda old school, so I thought it would fit.

i like to call em the “double naughts”

:)

lol. With or without the nipples? ^^

Tenners or the ten decades… i think they both sound better than the twothousands.
The videoclip betrays it’s decade of origin.

Shit… you mention thrash zone… that brings me back- but you threw overkill in the mix! Overkill was some nasty shit- they know/new how to grind… they took a blow at your head. that shit made my f****ing ears bleed. I almost forgot about rap when I found overkill. Jesus- you just hit me with alot of memories. i’m a sucker for nostslgia. WOW. You said it.

Since you hear me- do you remember fing gg allin? whos 80’s and early 90’s like GG? f all this shit- GG exploited my f****ing mind as a youth.

yeah I’m f****ing wasted listening to the past right now.

Sweet man, so am I. I have been listening to The Misfits - Walk Amoung Us album for a couple of days now after seeing the mention here. Such cool stuff. Oh and Minor Threat. TSOL - so many cool bands… Yeah overkill was really badass.

I liked a ton of metal in the 80s. Still can listen to it and really enjoy it. All old Iron Maiden, Metal Church, Sabotage, King Diamond, Rush, Anthrax, way too many others to mention…

Do you also like the Circle Jerks? Buy far one of my favorite punk bands.

GG Allin was a twisted motherfather. I had a video of him shitting on stage at a concert. He was a pretty insane fellow :wink:

It’s not 80s sounding at all though, is it. It’s 90s looking back to the 60s if anything.

oh yeah- kieth morrison! I used to wear my old circle jerks t-shirt everyday when i went out skateboarding. Golden shower hits is my favorite album by them, but to be honest, i thought he was better in black flag- henry rollins was a little bit tougher, but keith morrison made it punk. My fave album by black flag “my war”- it was henry, but god- that shit was sooo angst- just f****ing angry music from the 80’s. I think he wrote that right after his brother was murdered. Were you ever into shit like code 13 or doom? I know some of you bastards remember napalm death… extereme noise terror… if anybody was into anthrax than you should remeber those bands. God this is a good thread- I’m busting out my old tapes- problem is it took me a minute to realise I dont own a tape deck anymore, so I had to go out and buy a cheap cassett player :D

I have a video of gg durring one of his last shows before he overdosed where he started a riot. yeah he shit on stage but to top it off, he ate his shit and then beat the shit out of his band mates and people in the crowd. His brother merle allin is still playing in the murder junkies (I got to kick with him for an hour before their set- he’s actually a really nice guy). They played here in denver a couple of weeks ago and some guy got stabbed four times after getting into it with somebody in the mosh pit- sick bad stuff. I’d have to say my fave album by the misfits was earth AD, it was in that era were punk crossed over with thrash- I remember thinking that it was the hardest album out… hey- do you remember when terry king from slayer did a jam with the beastie boys?

who remebers the juicy break? thats some f****ing old hard shit.

My favorite all time Circle Jerks Album is IV. Yeah! hahaha I have Black Flag “Wasted Again”. Keith was singing on that particular album right?

I don’t know anything about code 13 or doom. Never heard of them. Yeah I remember Napalm Death. I was a huge Slayer fan back then. Death is also one of my top favorites.

Dude, Earth AD! That is too cool. I have the limited edition gold cd of earth ad. At least I “think” i still have it. My ex might have gotten that during the breakup a long ass time ago.

Yes, I believe I remember the Beastie Boy and Terry getting together. My memory is a little phucked. I am not totally sure. South of Heaven rules!

I was able to catch Slayer at an Ozfest a number of years ago. 97-98? Not sure. Some time around then. They were really awesome live. Played so many cool songs. Primus was also there and a bunch of newer shit bands that I cannot recall; and had no idea who they even were at the time.

Hey I have a Circle Jerk Live in LA 1984 mpg if you are interested.

Impressive!

WOW!

Oh yeah!! I thought that was what happened! Good to get it fresh from the sick bad stuff news service.

Seriously, if you guys are that intrigued by it, maybe it warrants a new thread, or even a PM discussion, instead of derailing this one.

Being Norwegian, I’d have to say A-ha - Take On Me.

The music video I remember the most must be Sabrina - Boys, though :dribble:

(even though it sounds like it, there are hardly any boys in the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1aGnBLYC0)

Yipee! I found the track listing for this record my mum has. It pretty much was one of my first initiations into music listening and no doubt has had a deep foundation effect on me. I was 5 years old:

Choose 1985

1. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.
  2. Sunglasses At Night - Corey Hart
  3. Pride - U2
  4. Missing You - John Waite
  5. No Say In It - Machination
  6. You Think You’re A Man - Divine
  7. Dynamite - Jermaine Jackson
  8. Searchin’ (I Gotta Find A Man) - Hazell Dean
  9. What’s Love Got To Do With It? - Tina Turner
  10. Out of Touch - Hall & Oats
  11. Soul Kind of Feeling - Dynamic Hepnotics
  12. Jump - Pointer Sisters
  13. Flesh For Fantasy - Billy Idol
  14. No Second Prize - Jimmy Barnes
  15. Shake This City - Non Stop Dancers
  16. I Walk Away - Split Enz
  17. Everybody Wants To Work - Uncanny X-Men
  18. Agadoo - Black Lace

The Divine track is a smash! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcAjOlsX8yU

I use the words “multinational corporations genocide of the starving nations” in one of my songs. :D

Carcass - Reek of Putrefaction :walkman:

I was into carcass alot as well, especially “heartwork”. Reek of putrification was a sick album as well. I wonder if anybody remembers oi polloi, or the exploited- that just makes me think of a bunch of 80’s charged mohawks and blue collard skins with doc martins walking down the street looking to cause somebody some pain.