Who designed the EQ 5 presets?

they’re great.

The TNT setting on anything catapults any sample into the sky

3 Likes

mr_mark_dollin created them, if I remember correctly, but he’s no longer active on this forum.

5 Likes

Hello!

What for a TNT setting? I can’t find any Preset with name “TNT” on it?

happy tracking :slight_smile:

open eq 5 on a dsp
see the two arrow buttons near the center?
click the arrow pointing left once.
(I usually roll off the first point to -12 at 20hz and then slide the 2nd point to +6 at 200hz
should save my own preset, I guess)

What means open it on a dsp? i have it try with a Track in Mixer and a FX Chain on a sample. It shows not a “TNT” Preset. If i click on “init” i get a contextmenu with all avaiable presets. Can you make a screenshot of this contextmenü? Maybe you importet 3 party/User presets in your Renoise installation?

oh, wow – maybe I got this eq preset from @TNT or from one of his xrns files and I forgot?

there was a time last year when I was downloading a lot of people’s templates and trying them out

if so, no disrespect was intended

renoise-eq5-preset

I don’t know the exact settings of this TNT thing, but in terms of the frequency response curve (in @lazy_mag’s screenshot) I think this is pretty close and only took a few moments to dial in.

Hope this gets you close to what you’re trying to achieve anyway.

2 Likes

Maybe, but you’re the only one who could know. If you want to check again you can still find my basic template right here. According to the EQ5 values shown by @dblue it’s similar to my settings in terms of New York compression in my FX track called DC (= Drum Compressor), but in this case the exact EQ settings for this parallel compression technique are 1000 Hz +6 dB and 10000 Hz +6 dB. But there are no perfect settings for any instrument in general. It depends on the instrument which settings are needed. Furthermore I usually push some specific frequencies for specific instrument categories in general, just like described in the mixing thread right here (point 6). That’s all I can say. I never saved an EQ setting as a preset, and the list of available EQ presets is exactly the same like shown by @NPC1, so you must have saved this setting as a user preset.

1 Like

All fine mate. Feel free to upload it on Renoise Themes & Stuff Discord under Usercontent/presets. (if TNT granted it)

Discord invite code: hy48JMSHKc

@TNT Have i your permission to upload your stuff to Theming Discord? (With credits naturally) :slight_smile:

Sure. Here you can find 3 basic color themes and I just have updated my current favorite one right here. Or are you talking about the template? Anyway, upload whatever you want.

Thanks mate. :slight_smile: I will upload it next days. I invite you to our Discord server too. We have some nice Themes in it. Maybe you will like a fews.

Discord invite code: hy48JMSHKc