Why Do You Write Music?

ladies

re: Why Do You Write Music?

To get chicks. This is also the reason I bother to do anything, really.

Because I’m an artist who needs some sort of artistic outlet.
I love the concept of creating something that’s mine.
Something that represents me as an individual.
Because it’s fun at fuck.
A lot more reasons.

i like listening to my own music…
i don’t really know why i write it anymore. at one point i wrote music because nobody else was writing the sort that i wanted to hear, so i took it upon myself (want something done right do it yourself etc). over time it’s grown to become inseparable from how i think and feel. i just…hear music all the time and i have to let it out, and in doing so better understand how i work.

tl;dr: because i have to

I make music to tell how I feel at the time of composition without having to tell someone.
I don’t like to share feelings. I can’t trust people easily.

A lot of my songs have very long stories behind them, a lot are just dancey-house songs.

fun? no wait that can’t be it, not without a piano roll.

I don’t really have much choice in the matter do I? I would betray the self if I didn’t! :)

Because I cannot say it ;)

I just have to. I don’t feel right with myself if I don’t.

I do it because I cannot live without doing it. So it’s like a drug addiction. And so sometimes i have fun others i want to kill someone. Never myself!

My initial reason at the age of 7: I wanted to be better than 2Unlimited. I understood at a rather young age, that it probably doesn’t require much skills and equipment to make music such as 2Unlimited. I guess I was partially right.

My current reason at the age of 24: probably the same.

For myself, its a hobby. Nothing more, nothing less.

Same for me, but I love it and when I don’t mess around with music for a while I feel awful…

Ever thought of meeting a psychiatrist? :wink:

Actually I had a couple years break, and when I got back doing music it felt even more good than it used to. That break was just what the doctor ordered.

I like analyzing myself through the music I make. The most amazing thing is the music I make sounds like my drawings or paintings look. Which I find to be an amazing phenomena that makes me wonder about the neurolgy of creativity.

because i can and i like it

Because I need something to attach lyrics to.

It all began, for me, with the Inconabula album by Autechre…my first love :rolleyes:

that’s also a good topic

a band or album that completely made us get into making music

i began because of Young Gods “L’Eau Rouge” and i still find their influence in my music after 19 years or so

when i meet them after a concert i totally felt like a dumb teenager and if i did say something it must have been something stupid, i just remember Franz smiling

[b][center][b]You know there’s pills for that too right?!? PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL HELP BRO! For the safety of everyone around you PLEASE SEEK MEDICAL HELP! …OH wow!

…::niNja pWn3d::…[/b][/center][/b]