Why Is There No Decent Dj Software?

I’ve had quite a bit of luck with Torq. I’ve currently got it rewired into Renoise as a slave while it masters Renoise’s tempo through Midi Yoke … considering rewiring Ableton into Renoise too, but only for beat triggering.

Just curious… What issues are you having? I do have to admit its automatic beat detection isn’t the greatest, but it’s not hard at all to figure out the exact BPM by using a combination of beat tapping and tempo anchors.

Mhh, I can’t really put my finger on it, it just felt “odd” plus it seems that some things that I can do with VDJ are not possible with Torq (assigning midi buttons the same way as I can do in VDJ f.e.). But I guess I will simply invest some hours this weekend and just try to make it work.

I do believe you simply need to right click the on-screen knob you want to map, then tweak the midi knob or button… and Torq will just map it. That’s the way it works with the PC keyboard at least :P

Has anybody tried Deckadance in VST mode? May make for some interesting Renoise live usage, especially playing with loops and the like, plus mixing in your own tracks maybe…

That’s essentially what I’ve got going with Torq right now, as it’s my Renoise rewire slave. Even better than that though, I’ve got it set up so that when Torq has global tempo turned on with one of the decks set to global tempo master, it acts as the tempo master for Renoise (through midiyoke), so that the track playing in torq controls Renoise’s tempo. It’s bloody awesome.

Dj software … sounds to me like a oxymoron.

yeah… kinda like “music software”… ^_^

-byte could you elaborate on the m-audio torq? is it handy for renoise?
how does it work as a midi-controller?..

i can buy one for 49 euris…

mlon