Width of Pattern Matrix window not in memory

Hey, one little annoying thing:
I use view presets a lot, and have assigned Pattern Matrix to open on my F8, with maximum width. But when i change to another view and then back to F8, renoise does not remember the width of the matrix, and goes back to default.
Can this be fixed?
(Win7, R3 64-bit)

Also - would be extremely nice if it was possible to hide the Pattern Editor, so the matrix could fill the entire screen. Especially for live playing!

I am too an active use of the Pattern Matrix and I find it really tedious to have to click the “Show/Hide Pattern Sequence Matrix” button after switching from i.e. the Sampler View (F3) and to the Pattern View (F1). Every time I do this, the Pattern Matrix is closed and I have to re-open it. It would be nice if it could be in the state I left it in and not auto-hide like it does now.

renoise does not remember the width of the matrix

The width of the Pattern Matrix is actually stored with your song, and not with your global Renoise preferences. The simple reason for this is that every song is different, with a different number of a tracks, and inevitably requiring a different view arrangement to best fit your display.

Every time I do this, the Pattern Matrix is closed and I have to re-open it. It would be nice if it could be in the state I left it in and not auto-hide like it does now.

The open/closed state of the Pattern Matrix is stored with the view preset — ie. the buttons F1, F2, F3, and so on…

If you always want the Pattern Matrix to be visible when switching to your F1 preset, then you should first open the Pattern Matrix, and then save that view preset by right-clicking the [1] GUI preset button in top-right corner of Renoise’s main interface. Once that is done, the Pattern Matrix will be open and visible whenever you press F1.

The width of the Pattern Matrix is actually stored with your song, and not with your global Renoise preferences. The simple reason for this is that every song is different, with a different number of a tracks, and inevitably requiring a different view arrangement to best fit your display.

The open/closed state of the Pattern Matrix is stored with the view preset — ie. the buttons F1, F2, F3, and so on…

Oh, I see. It’s good that the width is stored with the song. But to put it in another way - would it be possible that the view preset could bypass the width-memory of the pattern matrix, so that whenever I click my “F8” it shows the pattern matrix in the width that is stored in the project? Or perhaps an option/tick somewhere letting me always view the matrix in full width?
I don’t want to have 20-40 tracks in my startup-template just to be able to do this, if you know what i mean.

If you always want the Pattern Matrix to be visible when switching to your F1 preset, then you should first open the Pattern Matrix, and then save that view preset by right-clicking the [1] GUI preset button in top-right corner of Renoise’s main interface. Once that is done, the Pattern Matrix will be open and visible whenever you press F1.

Aha! Brilliant, thanks!

Oh, I see. It’s good that the width is stored with the song. But to put it in another way - would it be possible that the view preset could bypass the width-memory of the pattern matrix, so that whenever I click my “F8” it shows the pattern matrix in the width that is stored in the project? Or perhaps an option/tick somewhere letting me always view the matrix in full width?
I don’t want to have 20-40 tracks in my startup-template just to be able to do this, if you know what i mean.

dblue, what do you think of this? sensible/possible?