Wikipedia Editors, Please Help?

Does anyone have a Wikipedia account with enough “karma” to edit images?

The screen-shot for Renoise is old (Version 1.8), it would be nice to update it to the latest version:

@see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renoise

Good times.

Provide a good screenshot and I can replace it. Also fix the licencing issues, etc.

I would need some sort of confirmation from Taktik that he allows this screenshot to be published under GFDL licence.

How about this one?

(I took that screenshot, it’s on various sites…)

Sure thing. Just let me know how I can “confirm”…

It’s just fine if you say here in this forums something in the style:

“I, the copyright owner of Renoise, allow the distribution of this image under GNU Free Documentation Licence.” :)

Feels a bit stupid, but here you go:
I, the copyright owner of Renoise, allow the distribution of this image under GNU Free Documentation License.

Thought Conner would have to give permission, as the person who took the screenshot, as well (as you allowing images of your software to be shared.) but copyright of that actual image surely belong to Conner_BW, no?

That’s a complex thing. Sure conner owns the copyright of the image, but the image is also of copyrighted software and thus considered to be non-free without explicit permission from the copyright owner of the software itself.

Also if the image is not under GFDL the wikipedia deletionists are eager to remove it unless someones life depends on it. And even if someones life does depend on it, they still want to delete it in case the persons life expectancy is less than 50 years. :P

reminds me of The Langoliers.