Windows Vista And Renoise

I know a few of you are playing around with Windows Vista and Renoise at the moment. I was wondering how the performance/latency is?

Especially people with a MOTU 828mkII firewire soundcard with the new drivers I’d like to hear from you…

If all that is really implemented, Microsoft is indeed signing their suicide note with Vista. On the other hand seeing what they did and got away with already… most likely nobody will care…

Microsoft must be the only company that relies their software on aspect instead of performance and usability. I’m sitcking with XP untill they prove that Vista is a better option.

…or until they will force you to think it is better :)

f**** that shit, I’m going back to Amiga.

always reminds me of the oxymoron ‘microsoft works’

Or another one of my favorites…

Microsoft “Outlook” should be called Microsoft “Lookout” :)

Come on… tell me something new about microsoft…

http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html

More on topic: I was trying out Vista (made a thread at kvr). Bottom line: I wouldn’t recommend it for a DAW, even tho not much has changed, so no big loss either.
Main disadvantage, IMO, is it needs more RAM. Some (audio) apps don’t work (yet?). The new audio kernel is probably nice for some apps, but useless when using ASIO. Renoise performs more or less the same. (Besides R Alt.)

I wished that software companies produced poweful multimedia applications and videogames for linux. If most of software is crackable i wonder why they don’t.

Another curious fact about windows vista interface is that there’s nothing really new about it. Some Linux hardcore fans managed to replicate it about 2 years ago.

Microsoft is going to persuade people to change to Vista by revealing some vulnerabilities in windows XP structure. Just like they did with their previous versions…

m’fuk’ers…

@ermi: thanks for the feedback and link to that thread. I’m wondering if under vista you would need ASIO if you look how that diagram is displayed (Vista vs XP) in that thread?

edit: I just saw that I didn’t see the whole picture… scroll to the right and there it is :D