Workflow: Renoise 3 vs 2.x

I like to use the keyboard as much as possible too, but hopefully they remove the accordion, anyway basically you are not proving it is worth more than 50% of the vote as your only reason is it works with keyboard, but nice for you that you dont have any problem with it.

By the way, your avatar looks like John Carmack, cool :smiley:

By the way, your avatar looks like John Carmack, cool :smiley:

Was thinking the same thing :smiley:

I like to use the keyboard as much as possible too, but hopefully they remove the accordion, anyway basically you are not proving it is worth more than 50% of the vote as your only reason is it works with keyboard, but nice for you that you dont have any problem with it.

I’m not trying to prove “it is worth more than 50% of the vote.”

I simply pointed out that:

a) I don’t have any problems with it

b) It’s mostly people who have problems who post. That’s the nature of the beast.

shrug best of luck to all of you.

well, fair enough, actually I didn’t mean you specifically meant to prove anything, it was just to illustrate that there is no benefits and only negatives as far as i see it… but RIP that shit haha

god i am drunk today… cheers!

hallelujah :stuck_out_tongue:

The single most hated feature :frowning:

But if Redux has anything to say about the future of Renoise, accordions won’t make it into 3.1

^Yes!!

…and piano roll can not be hidden… speaking of which… we need to fix that piano roll thing.

And it’s immume to color changes, which makes it almost too bright with dark themes.

Hey there folks,

I’m gonna play the Internet Miner and dig up an old thread (okay, it’s not that old).

As a long time user I had a set of strong habits related to the UI, so any major change is a big thing for me. I must admit that when 3.0 was released I was really annoyed by the interface changes simply because I had trouble finding stuff I could use with eyes closed earlier. But it is getting better, there are some things I really like. For example, new instrument tab is awesome. I remember that in 2.6 or 2.5 old instrument window disappeared and we were given a very small instrument bar at the bottom. I hated that. So I see this change as a good move. And new features that come with that! Effects tied to instrument, how I missed that the entire time! Great move.

But there are also some things I miss too. It was mentioned earlier - a two tab disk browser. I liked it more. But the new one is not half bad. What I really dislike though is that the switch between DSP and Automation on the bottom panel is hidden now. I know it’s just my old habit but I keep looking for the old switches.

Anyway, it’s okay. I just hope guys at dev team are happy with new design and won’t do any major changes just after I get used to new layout.

I sometimes use 3, but I just feel like my work space is all squished and i can only see 2 or 3 tracks effectively. my laptop screen is only 15.4". and so i end up using 2.8 because it fits nicely on my screen and i can see most of my work. Maybe it’s not that big of a deal because i can close the browser tab thing to the side to have a clear view of the tracks. I want to learn 3 but i don’t work as good in it, so i’ll continue to use 2.8 until i get a new laptop or desktop with a bigger screen/higher resolution

Thats odd, because when 3.0 came out i was like, wow finnally i can hide everything i dont need atm. And now i can see everything on my laptop, resisible instrument tab, and hidden lower dsp tabs just winning with r3 and lapto screen

Hey there folks,

I’m gonna play the Internet Miner and dig up an old thread (okay, it’s not that old).

As a long time user I had a set of strong habits related to the UI, so any major change is a big thing for me. I must admit that when 3.0 was released I was really annoyed by the interface changes simply because I had trouble finding stuff I could use with eyes closed earlier. But it is getting better, there are some things I really like. For example, new instrument tab is awesome. I remember that in 2.6 or 2.5 old instrument window disappeared and we were given a very small instrument bar at the bottom. I hated that. So I see this change as a good move. And new features that come with that! Effects tied to instrument, how I missed that the entire time! Great move.

But there are also some things I miss too. It was mentioned earlier - a two tab disk browser.

two tab disc browser is still there, resize browser secont tab window, some time passed til i discover it, but it is there

Thanks LOLFAIL, it took me some time to find it after your tip, but I eventually did. It’s horizontal now, but that does the job for me! Thanks!

Thanks LOLFAIL, it took me some time to find it after your tip, but I eventually did. It’s horizontal now, but that does the job for me! Thanks!

hrm I’m not understanding how you did that?

hrm I’m not understanding how you did that?

https://forum.renoise.com/t/search-file-box-item-disappears-bug-renoise-3-0-and-up/41021

https://forum.renoise.com/t/search-file-box-item-disappears-bug-renoise-3-0-and-up/41021

Ah thanks. I was trying to drag from the bottom, left and right… not the top.

Bring back the loop magnifier. That ish was like using my E-mu sampler all over again.

I agree some comments. I’ve been a happy 2.8 user for years. When 3.0 came, I really got missed with the new interface design. There are a lot of interesting new features, but I take more time trying to do the usual things. In fact, I think I have less useful workspace on screen than before. That is because I keep using 2.8.

It would be nice to have a 2.9 version, combining the 2.8 interface and the 3.0 new features. :slight_smile:

Amazing tracks on your Bandcamp site, Juan. Were both albums made with Renoise? (Slightly off-topic.)

Amazing tracks on your Bandcamp site, Juan. Were both albums made with Renoise? (Slightly off-topic.)

Thank you. Yes. 100% Renoise.And sounds are 99% samples + 1%VST

talking 'bout 3.0… who is using this;

and why would it improve my workflow?

I have 2.8 and 3.0 installed.

I think the 2-tiled Disk browser in 2.X versions of Renoise is much better, because you can navigate faster through folders and sample finding is more efficient. I usually use Renoise 2.8 to lay down ideas and loops and then switch to 3.0 in order to make the full tracks.

Same thing here… Starting a tune in 2.8… finetuning in 3…

talking 'bout 3.0… who is using this;

and why would it improve my workflow?

it can do program change and bank change, so in my opinion it is the best thing to controll all your hardware and make jumps between paches. so if you have like some gear with presets, you can actually jump between them in same song, staying on same channel, and you are not forced swich presets un your synth.