Workflow With Drums

I use sample offset command 09xx to tear apart a loop and recreate it in my own style. One thing Octamed had though was in the sample editor you would select what you wanted to 09xx and it would copy to the clipboard. Renoise is annoying in that you have to guestimate but whatevs, I was doing the same shite on the amiga in 1992, that feature was makin me lazy besides. Sample offset the loops, have a healthy collection of standard breaks from 79-180 bpm and you should be set. In the end all you need is a standard kit, and the roland sounds, maybe the amen and mule beats and go nuts unless you’re doing country/western/polka in which case ignore everything I said and sample yourself beating your children over the heads.

8Bit
www.eightbit.com

And what about the 09xx rulers and snapping mode in the sample editor?
Not tried those yet?

Good tip vV. I sensed someone would correct my lazy eye. Also, might I add that a better way to track drums would be as an earlier poster suggested, creating an instrument with each sound mapped to a key. I bet that’s fun as hell – the thing with 09xx though is you can play F-4 0940 or F-3 0940 and get the same point, but different pitch, great for jungle pitch rolls before a chorus, etc.

8Bit
www.eightbit.com