Wrong and MKLBST songs

This is the thread where I put all my tracks. Newest track at any given time will be here and at the bottom of thread.

Most recent track posted May 23 2020

2 Likes

Love that bassline! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, my hero! Tell me, though, is there too much treble in this mix or am I imagining it?

1 Like

In the first part definitely not to much treble.

1 Like

EP of demos under my new alternative pseudonym, MKLBST

https://soundcloud.com/user-821883126/sets/4-ep

Four songs, all of them four minutes long.

1 Like

Wow! Yup, this is certainly a new style compared to what I’ve heard of your previous works, and a clever new alias there :slight_smile: The tunes are catchy, production sounds good and comfy, and your vocals and lyrics fits very nicely into it all. Put simply, I really enjoyed this, I’m impressed! :yeah:

1 Like

ALIAS was the word I was looking for! Jeez. Thanks for your comments, Dennie!

1 Like

Nice tunes my friend.Congrats!!

1 Like

New song:

In fact, the main chord progression in this song was written over ten years ago, as was the guitar melodies towards the end. Everything else, including the chorus, the lyrics and the verse melody is brand new, as are the recording, mixing, production, etc.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Man you realy know what you are doing when you are making a song.Congrats!!

2 Likes

This is the thread where I put all my tracks. Newest track at any given time will be here and at bottom of thread.

New track Saturday 10 November 2018

Stream Euphoria by MKLBST | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Pop music

Do you record vocals and guitars on Renoise?

1 Like

Very nice tracks which make a happy mood. :slight_smile: Good work

1 Like

Do you record vocals and guitars on Renoise?

Yeah, it’s all Renoise. Not ideal, but it works for me. I loop longish sections of the track and play or sing over it until I have something I am sort of satisfied with (I try to get as long takes as possible) and then I treat everything as samples.

In addition to Renoise, I use the following hardware:

Arturia Keystep midi controller

Korg Monologue analogue synth (not heavily featured on my “pop” songs so far)

Korg Volca Keys (also not heavily featured on the pop stuff, yet)

Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator Speak (for robotic vocals here and there; listen to the beginning of Join the Machine)

Zoom G1u digital guitar pedal

Fender Stratocaster

Casio children’s keyboard

Presonus Audiobox USB 96 audio interface, with bundled mic and cheapo active monitors

Old, weak Lenovo laptop. I find that the screen on this is too small for using other music software than Renoise. It all feels very cramped.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

'Xcellent :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes