••xenobaba•• LIVE @ SACRED EARTH 2023

You don’t need luck, all you need is skills and a bit of fun. :point_up:

It’s very kind of the organizers to adapt their lighting colors to your personal favorite Renoise themes. :wink:

3 Likes

Ha! I thought so, too :laughing:
There was a moment when I was playing and I had my purple and green theme up, and I thought, “ohhhkay, yeah… this makes sense”

2 Likes

Juggling between two instances of Renoise sounds interesting and hard. More questions, if you don’t mind. Have you made a playlist ahead of time. Or are you picking tracks right there in the moment?

Practically speaking, do you use any midi controllers with that? And if so, just mapping things to different midi channels? Like Renoise 1 to channel 1 and Renoise 2 to channel 2?

Your camera might be a potato but I like the vibe of your pictures. Seems like it must have been a good party.

That made me laugh out loud. You often hit the spot in terms of funny remarks.

1 Like

lol some things never change I guess

thanks, yes, definitely some satisfying gut punch! :grin:

I usually have a set list worked up, and this time definitely did, both because it was such a long set and because I wanted to be sure I had enough material and had a specific structure to the set in mind (slowly rising tempo throughout) for this performance. spanned all the way from triplets at 70 bpm to 16ths at 202 bpm, so it was quite a range of tempi and I didn’t want to leave that to chance.

As far as midi mapping goes, yes, you get the general idea. I’ll usually reserve one side of the control surface for one instance and the other for the other. If I’m mixing tracks without a set list I’ll sometimes just map parameters on the fly and hope for the best lol. I’ve typically got a handful of doofers oriented towards live performance at strategic places in the mixer flow, so it’s usually pretty easy to find what I want to be able to tweak :crossed_fingers:

1 Like