Xerxes Remixes Mick Rippon

hi all, hi mick :)

mick has done a song quite a while back called “legend of woo”… it has one of the most amazing melody lines i have ever heard… i could not get it out of my head everytime i heard it. so i decided to push renoise 2.0 to its limits and make a 30 track massive arrangement of it. so here goes:

legend of woo (original)
legend of woo (xerxes remix)

oh, and notice the song length… that was a coincidence… didnt notice until i put them both in winamp. all sequencing and mixing done in renoise ofcourse :)

cheers and thanks mick for sharing your talent with us!

klaus

I really like both

How do you pronounce Xerxes? :)

I can sit on a hot tropic beach and listen to this stuff forever…

the first X is pronounced like a “S”… i think… so “Serxes”… maybe

“zurk-seez”

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/xerxes

(There’s even a handy sound clip there)

Thanks a lot dudes. :)

yep, that is exactly how :)
garf: thank you sir!

Nice remix! Good work.

Interesting original by Mick, too, which I had not heard until now. :guitar:

Same here, nice stuff guys!

It’s really an honour for the great xerxes to remix something of mine. :) So I big thanks from me, for stroking my ego and doing the melody some justice.

Incidently, I wrote it back in 1999 I think, tracked using Impulse Tracker. There’s some post production going on too.

It’s interesting how the melody came about…

I was down in Sydney, at Ryde RSL… at the salad bar, and the melody came into my head. Like all of us I like to document ideas before I lose them, so I hastily wrote the melody down on a beer coaster with a Keno pencil.

The tune was for a kung fu game that never got released.

Lovely warm mixing. A nice cruisey reflective departure from the original. Beautiful dynamics. Love that snare! Just a pleasant listen; and you’ve made it your own.

hey sorry, is there anywhere I can still find this song? I love it.

I really like th space you achieve with your mixes. I actually heard this on the Remixta podcast and like it then.

The low end is really smooth and warm. Rolls along very nicely.

:)

Very nice track. Chilling melody, really charming strings.

Hi the link does not work :frowning:

You can listen to the track in episode two of the Remixta podcast. :walkman: