Xrni Microtuner

Thanks danoise,

I’ve sent you a PM.

Links don’t work. If anyone’s interested, the Scala tool and archive can be found here: http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/downloads.html

Hey guys, never thought I would be delving into the world of scripts but here I am!!

I just downloaded the microtuner and thusly the xrns utilty.

I thought I did everything correctly as I followed the instructions and was able to get the xrns front end to show up prompting me to locate 1st an instrument(xrni), secondly .tun file, 3rdly an output dest.

I ran the script but no new xrni showed up in the dest dir, nor was the old one modified.

I am using 2.1…as this thread seems a little old…is my version not compatible? Does Renoise have to be running when I use the xrns utility?

Any help would gladly be appreciated.
Tarek:)

Hey Tarek,

Sound like something is broken. I’ll check it out, and let you know.

I’ve been wanting to make a proper version of this script anyway, since I switched to a new computer with no plugins. Sample-based music FTW :P

Thx man@fast reply…pls also be aware I might have done something wrong or not done something right! I wasn’t really aware of xrns utility til now!

Check if you can run the script with the console window open, and then post the error message that’s probably displaying?

ahhhhhhhhh…maybe that is the problem…nothing whatsoever in console! as soon as i run script its says execution done as if it didn’t do it!

edit: what i mean is…because the excecution done response happens almost simultaneously with my running the script it seems like script did not actually run…

@Farek-FM : did you get it to work ?

No…the same keeps happening! I don’t know if I installed incorrectly or what as everything seems to be happening as it should except for the creation of the files! Any thoughts?

I’ll will attempt to fix this problem.

Do you have the tuning file (you can simply PM it to me) ?

I don’t have them now, however, they are the 317 files which I believe you uploaded!! Thx for help!! :)