Your First Synth: What was it? Have you still got it?

Doepfer MS-404 bought in 1994.
When i think about it, this is still my favorite Synthesizer.
Using today via CV Gate with an Xaoc Device Moskva I Sequenzer

1 Like

DSI Mopho
I miss that little synth

1 Like

First was probably an MC-303, which I sold. Then an MC-505, which I no longer have. Then a Juno 106. I kept that one :wink:

2 Likes

First hardware synthesizer was the Tinysizer by Anyware Instrument in 2012 sold it 2016. First software synthesizer Zebra in 2016 sold it two days ago. Don’t regret selling them.

Also got a Machinedrum in 2012 at the same time no synthesizers but worth to mention. Sold it too and also no regrets.

1 Like

Started off with an odd one,Yamaha fs1r,still have it,one day I’ll actually use it.

1 Like

Casio SK-1 when I was a kid, super fun sampling burps and whatnot.

First real synth was a Yamaha SY85 I got in '95. Wrote a lot of music on it and sold it to a friend, which he used for many years. Had the opportunity to get it back after he died, but donated it to a youth program instead.

Second synth was a Kawai K5000W additive synth I got in '97, which I still have, and do sample from time to time

1 Like

!st synth was Novation bass station 1 keyboard which i bought new around 1993, still have it 2nd was Roland juno 106, still have it :wink:

2 Likes

Korg DW6000, i’ve a soft spot for it, so I’ve kept it. Currently wrapped up in the attic, hopefully it still works!

1 Like

My first synth i made from a Velleman voice changer kit. I don’t have it because i turned it into a robot helmet. :smiley:

It made some really crazy sounds that would have been very difficult to recreate with anything else. So if you’re looking for unique and crazy sounds i recommend circuit bending one of these.

1 Like

Casio CTK 6250

1 Like

Kurzweil K2000VP. I still have it, but I never liked it that much since all the editing had to be done inside the menus with a small screen. It cost 2000€, now it costs max 300€.

My second synth is Roland JD-800, I still have it and I loved it from the get go. the price has tripled to almost 2000€ and it’s a joy to play and edit since everything has its own slider, button or knob.

Some great answers in here!

Mine was an mc-303 too, still have it, haven’t used it in years, but I’ll probably always keep it, I LOVED that little box, still do but sadly no use for it

You can try circuit bending it like this:

1 Like

lol nice!