Your tips when you working with acapellas

Hi folks,

Listen… How you all work with vox in Renoise? I mean i have acapella longer than longest pattern in Renoise (512). When pattern i OFF it’s starts to repeat. Of course acapella repeated too. Only one exit i see here is that i need to chop acapella in sampler on logical parts and then create different patterns with it, yes?

Maybe in a future we will see abilities to use longest patterns?

Cheers,

Andrey

Can’t you add more patterns and have the vox continue on?

I add vocal wav files to my songs and that’s what I do. A verse might have eight patterns of 32 or 64 lines each, and the vocals are triggered at the start of the first and fifth patterns.

Make sure autosek for the vocal samples is on, too, so you can move about in the pattern editor and still hear the appropriate playback.

Can’t you add more patterns and have the vox continue on?

I add vocal wav files to my songs and that’s what I do. A verse might have eight patterns of 32 or 64 lines each, and the vocals are triggered at the start of the first and fifth patterns.

Make sure autosek for the vocal samples is on, too, so you can move about in the pattern editor and still hear the appropriate playback.

OMG! Autoseek! Mate… :*

yeah I’m currently looking on how to tempo match a vocal sample to bpm any tips? thank u

yeah I’m currently looking on how to tempo match a vocal sample to bpm any tips? thank u

I always record to a click track. If you’re already past that point (and can’t redo the vocals) I’d suggest trying to slice the vocals into manageable chunks and align as best as possible. If something feels off, do some pitch-maintaining time-stretching.

There are audio tools that you can use to time-adjust. I really like Reaper; it’s not free but relatively inexpensive ($US 60 for the “discounted” version). Common operations are fairly easy. It’s what I used for vocal comping. (I’ve set up some OSC tools to make it easier to jump around amongdifferenttakes to find the takes that sound best.)

There’s also Audacity. It’s free, people speak highly of it. I’ve always found it clunky to use. Maybe give it a shot first.

Pretty sure Renoise does not have a way to dopitch-maintaining time-stretching but I’d love to find out I’m wrong.

I never tried that one maybe I’m goin to check it